They bash and do nothing else

Thanks for your answers. I was so frustrated!. Well, I would put it like “upset” over everything. So I shared here. Hope I wasn’t a bother XD

Because I’m a bit alone regarding the scene in this part of the world. But I’m encouraged to see other players gaining interest and asking for info about the game and suggestions. I like they are having fun with the game! Oh, the most common wow they have is the netcode, most love it XD
And the fact there’s so much to experiment. I tell them there’s not a one way to play KI. You come from SF? you from MK and you from Marvel? Find your style! There are characters and tools that may suit you. As I found mine style, they will find theirs.

Even they play it casually It’s cool they are finally doing it.
I am lucky enough to have (and still) enjoy my journey in KI too, and put up a decent fight (and finally I beat someone I wanted to beat…:smiling_imp: )

Oh, about that guy, I erased him as a friend. I don’t need that negativity at all.

^^^ True story! :joy:

Dayvo genio!! :grin: Thanks a lot. You know I get salty with the game, doesn’t mean I don’t care for it LOL.

The saddest part of the story is that these guys were avid KI players but didn’t care much about the community . I’m also guessing they didn’t adapt to the new season. One of their excuses were that no one plays KI anymore (maybe for Dood? they wanted to play only M.Dood it seemed…)

3 Likes

It wouldn’t surprise me if a lot of the hate KI gets is nothing more than an extension of console fanboyism. With the PS4 dominating the market it’s not surprising to think a lot of it is nothing more than sore “winners” wanting their favorite console to win at everything, and with KI being critically praised yet securely snug within the grasp of Xbox Live, even the Steam version, it’s not much of a stretch to think Sony fanboys(and girls) believe they have to piss all over KI in order to validate their own life choices.

I mean I could be wrong, but it wouldn’t surprise me.

7 Likes

I’m pleasantly surprised that a 2013 game is still holding its own. It’s grown so much since it first launched and whether people loved or hated change, it certainly drew in new folks. I still see new people when I get on every now and then, so I can’t see why it’s dead.

Honestly, people just like to talk crap and complain, it’s noticable after you spend so much time with a community. Just let them blabber on like fools as you continue to pour your wisdom and teachings on those who do care.

5 Likes

Truth. I hear ya. Some people don’t want to work for anything. Our online is fine, of course you’ll get matched up with the same people for a while here and there, but that the majority of the time, online is on point.

As far as the offline, I hope you stay positive and stay dedicated to bringing people together in your area. There seems to be a direct correlation to the strength of a fighting game’s local scene to their regional and major competitive scene.

If we build our local scenes, than our regional and major competitive scenes will grow. But some players just want that overnight without working for it, or simply only want to play a game with a legacy thriving scene.

Unfortunately another factor in the US, is that the MS Pro Tour money kind of disappeared. @developers - feel free to chime in on this if you like. And for … reasons … our KI World Cup points, competition dissolved with it. Throw in a bunch of new games (that have new game pot money) and our competitive scene is left with those who cared to play the game, not win money.

Then there are those who say, there’s no more or not enough competition, yet they haven’t beat Nicky. Daymein did at Absolute Battle 8. I don’t know.

Last competitive offline scene factor, is that there are a bunch of people who are great at the game, but simply enjoy it online, because they work.

All I can say is don’t let negative people stop what you’re trying to do. Just stay consistent/persistent and continue promoting the game! We’ll be just fine!

As a matter of fact, I’m going to start a how are you promoting KI thread lol. Where we can share “tech” on how we go about promoting KI to see if we can help each other! We’ll see how it goes!

3 Likes

that and did I see you say Singapore has an “offline” scene??

Yooo I’m using that one!

1 Like

Yeah. It’s not a big scene, but there are a handful of guys here who like the game and are interested in learning and playing it more. We’ve been doing weekly casuals at the local spot here, and after SEAM are going to try and maybe get a bit more focused on getting new people interested in playing as well.

Yeah, actually this is becoming a problem. @rukizzel are we going to get some idea of what’s going on with this in the near future? It’s been a long time since the Kilgore community fund and we haven’t heard anything. This is going to be really bad PR soon, of it isn’t already…

1 Like

Well, KI doesn’t seem to be dead as long as finding matches without a problem is what you want.

Don’t stress over this, especially since the claim can be put into perspective and dismissed as false.

There are worse things in FG communities. For smaller ones serious grudges in the group starting to set tone for everyone there can be devastating. On a larger scale there are things like NRS fans constantly being a butt of everyone’s jokes.

At some point everyone gets tired of spouting the same ■■■■, however. Meanwhile just ignore them.

1 Like