Theory: Killer Instinct Season 4 and Scorpio update will be announced at E3

I have a feeling that we are getting the “Extended Season 3” as a way to keep fans interested until they are ready to show Season 4 with the Scorpio reveal. We’ll probably be seeing some of the characters featured in the poll last summer in Season 4 and we’ll get KI in 4k/60fps for Scorpio.

I just think with the characters for ExS3 being such obscure choices, they are definitely holding out for a Season 4 reveal to give us the ones that are highly requested. Also, the last character is suppose to be released around May so it is right before the big Scorpio conference.

8 Likes

KI is going on its fourth year already. At this point it should reveal a sequel that harnesses the power of a Scorpio.

I’m all for more seasons, but the graphics and animations are already arguably dated, few more years and they will be indefinitely.

A new game would be a major breakthrough to regaining interest from people who may have lost it originally. It would give the Scorpio more of a lineup so people can at least try it out if they are initially interested.

Sequel would be nice at this point.

3 Likes

Year 4, Season 4, 4K, KI is currently at KI 3 in terms of titles. I would be really shocked if Microsoft doesn’t take this opportunity to announced a Killer Instinct 4K game with that exact name. Season 4 should be called KI 4K with the main deal of the season being updated visuals and a real cinematic campaign that will launch with Scorpio.

The marketing writes itself.

4 Likes

It just got around to being a full game @ season3

I’m thinking a few characters and miscellaneous extras. Some visual upgrades for Scropio.

Instead of going directly into a sequel maybe a spinoff/cross tittle? KIxSC? 🤷

1 Like

Well get a resolution bump to 4k since the pc version already does that. I’m not expecting much after that.

KI doesn’t even have good textures for 1080p lol

1 Like

A season 4 with five chars will be great to end KI 3. A sequel will be pre mature since many people have gotten interest at KI 2013 after the world cup based on tweets i read

I don’t know what exactly we’ll be getting, but I do think that new KI content to try and sell the Scorpio is a pretty good possibility.

Just an FYI, Scorpio is being touted as a high end Xbox, not a new gen system. Sure if they do decide to upgrade KI for Scorpio it would be cool, but a sequel I think is out of the question. If they do re-release KI in the fall, it most likely will be something like what is going on with the middle earth:Shadow of War, where they are making a game that can be played across the “Xbox Platform.”