The subject of Guest Characters

Then he wouldn’t be presented as a “guest character”, which is what the devs have used to describe him since he was revealed.

I can see this (and Joanna Dark) as a possibility. I don’t think they’ll do it but like I said rash is one of the guests of actually like to see become part of KI, I was a little worried at first until I seen him in the game. The guy(s) truly is the dan of KI and maybe instead of the other characters getting goofy accessories all that could go to him haha.

Maybe the universes are getting combined? Not combined yet but possibly? Just speculation.

Erh… hopefully not.

It really depends, as mentioned before Capcom did this with final fight and street Fighter but those games were related and there was room for it. I wouldn’t want KI merging where it doesn’t belong but some rare ware ips could indeed fit into the KI universe.

Scorpion can only be in KI if this is his intro.

1 Like

I hope so. I’ve been asking since S1.
On the subject, as I said it in the other 10k threads that’s been made about guest. As long as the gameplay is new and interesting, I don’t care. Just because the character is original doesn’t mean that is gonna be a great (memorable) character.

Guests don’t hurt gameplay or lore and the “would be” cannon character was never truly guaranteed to us.

Im on the fence on this one. I was one of the people months ago before this site was updated that disliked the the inclusion of guest characters, but after seeing the 2 in action im like… they look coo and im really interested to see the 3rd guest character in action.

On the flip side if i was developing the game i would want to do original characters and i want to see more original characters in KI. Some of the drawings i’ve seen from other users look promising especially the bow and arrow wielding dude, that would have been pretty sick.

Guest characters = more people interested in the game = more vibrant community = more potential revenue = better support = new content and seasons = more money for tournaments.

I know you dont like guest characters but also understand all the potentially new players checking out the game which is what KI really needs right now.

I do see the point of guest characters. That’s not the issue.

I guess I have yet to see a guest character that I actually want to play. Maybe that would persuade me, but so far, no fighting game has had a guest character I liked.

I would generally much rather have new and original characters though.

Well, what popular character from a game or a movie do you really enjoy?

Michael Myers please!!! one day…one day this will happen out side of terrordrome…I hope

We should ask if we can get Myers DLC in Friday the 13th! LOL!!!

1 Like

You want me to write a list? XD
For what purpose?
I’m not going to request any of them to be in the game, because first of all, none of them would make it into the game, and second, I just said I would rather have new and original characters in the game over guest characters. :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL That many huh? XD

Ok. Still, just wanting to keep the thread lively, and chatting. :slightly_smiling:

I am a fan of many franchises and favourite characters in each of them, so yeah, it would be long list should I mention all of them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

However, I could of course narrow them down to characters whom I would think could fit into the KI gameplay and style…

He had good points, and it was more on the lines of constructive criticism. It’s ok to respond, but not ok to call somebody out and assume they are complaining, without a reason.

That being said, Back on topic.

I feel though as 3 Guests are ok. Looking at it from a stand point that we have all of the original OG characters, and only 2 more new ones. They could create all new characters, but we have so many! Guests from an IP need to be done right, and I can say without doubt that IG is delivering on this. Guests are very interesting, and I can’t wait to see who is revealed next!

1 Like