The Rubik's Cube

…and I’m glad you did. Many of the posts in this thread had my head hurting.

1 Like

I haven’t but back in like 8th grade it was a small fad where everybody was into it. I don’t know how true it us but a handful of people were saying there is some very simple pattern or thing you can learn to solve one easily, which is why so many people were competing to see who could do it the fastest lol

1 Like

Not a pattern but a process. You try to get in a position and then from there, you move on to the next.

2 Likes

Yes, there are very simple patterns you use to solve a rubik’s cube.

The suuuper beginner’s algorithm is literally:

step 1) find the piece that has these two colors on it
step 2) repeat this easy algorithm until it is moved to here

Some variation on the above (ie, doing the algorithm 3 times to move it, or doing the algorithm, rotating the cube, then doing it again) is virtually all you need. The beginner’s method will teach you that easy algorithm (it’s called the “sexy move”), and then tell you what to look for so you can apply it.

When you do it fast, you learn little tricks. Like “if the cube looks like this, rather than doing this easy algorithm 3 times, rotating the cube, and doing it 3 more times, I can do a slightly more complicated algorithm only once!” And then you just build on how many of those “slightly more complicated” algorithms you want to learn to skip over steps.

2 Likes

Why am I not surprised that @Infilament knows how to solve Rubics cubes with relative ease?

He’s a very logical person and I’m just sitting here like, “I can eat 24 burnin’ hot wings in one go”. Yeah!

On a serious note I actually prefer wooden block puzzles. I find those relaxing as I need to be very calm to settle each piece. I do like the sound of Rubics cubes, it’s oddly satisfying.

2 Likes

I now present to you guys the world’s largest Rubik’s Cube:

1 Like

But is it easy to solve quickly though :scream:

So I can certainly imagine you can solve that giant Rubik’s Cube in UNDER or EVEN LESS than a hour, yes? :wink:

1 Like