The Replay and Analysis Thread

His dps really triggered me. It REALLY triggered me. I was mad then and im still mad :joy:

1 Like

FT7 set between myself and Hologram:

Had a truly impressive amount of infuriating drops and mistakes in these matches, but it was still a really good set. Hope you enjoy, and as always, feel free to offer critiques.

3 Likes

Any Fulgore mains I would appreciate some advice. Keep in mind though some things, like the last round where I was spamming the H. Laser, I was testing out timing and options with it.

2 Likes

Right off the bat, you keep jumping in on Cinder right after a knockdown and every single time you were countered by his DP. I would simply walk to him and block, to force a wiff and then punish. Most Cinders will always DP (if they’re good) while you’re above them.

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed I was having the same issue with getting in close with the forward heavy punch. I didn’t even think about what was happening when I was jumping in.

I might look this over and see if i can offer anything

Just wanted to say though that this is one thread i don’t mind seeing necroed, if that’s a word. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@WrathOfFulgore
A bit less teleporting in neutral would be advised. At 1:15 you could have done a simple juggle with a medium or light button into heavy DP for a good boost to spin speed in between rounds.
I like the 1:53 teleport to make the DP whiff.
At 2:00 you block a fired up and try to punish with F+HP but that button is not fast enough to punish. You can punish the fire pillar at any range with cr. LP into L or M blade dash.
I’ll look into the rest of the replay later

2 Likes

Lemon, can I cancel teleport into teleport? I can’t seem to get it right
Any tips?
Also, is there any frametrap pressure I can use close with the laser plus fireball? I really like Fulgore, but I’m just better with the Wulf. However I find the bot to be wonderful in some MU (just beat a very good Kan Ra with him, it would have been really hard with my main).
However I do notice the damage is a bit lower compared to other characters. No complains, he is still a scary character and my second main in the old KIs :cupid:

Its a common misconception but you cannot actually cancel out of a teleport in any way. You can pip cancel into it but once you activate the teleport you can’t cancel out of it at all

Up close you can do laser, pip cancelled into fireball, pip cancelled into laser and keep this loop going for as long as you have bar. Its known as “the death loop” and would be best used during instinct

2 Likes

Speaking of instinct
what exactly does it do now
just free pip cancels and that’s it? Last time I had played with Fulgore it locked his spin and wouldn’t wind down while in instinct, but that was a few patches ago.

It gives him free pip cancels during the duration of the instinct (but you need to have at least 1 pip for this to work) and access to pip charge

2 Likes

Oh, right
I almost completely forgot about the pip charge. Ever since they limited it so much after Season 1 I’ve hardly ever seen it. :sweat_smile:

First off, nice shadow counter there at the end. :slight_smile:

While you should listen to Lemon 100%, the big things I noticed for the fight were

1. You guess broke a lot in this set. I think you probably mashed out a breaker on 95% of his openings. A little more patience will do you very good in all your fights, not just against Cinder. A heavier damage character can kill you in two bad sequences if you give them early lockouts to take advantage of.

2. Neutral jumping on Cinder’s wake up is a terrible idea, and you ate a lot of damage you didn’t need to doing it. If you think he’s going to throw, then meaty him. Neutral jump will lose decisively to the vast majority of Cinder’s wakeup options, and if he’s fired up you can wind up eating full combo conversions.

3. If you’re going to break Cinder’s juggles, I strongly recommend only breaking the reactable stuff (jump+HK, crossfire, trailblazers). Guessing instantly on a Cinder juggle means that if you’re wrong you give him a free way to ground you and cash out without having to use any meter. It’s not a good bet 80% of the time.

1 Like

Don’t mean to necro this post, but I faced Hologram recently and noticed he has incredibly noticeable shortcomings. None that are a detriment from his skill, but some things he could take note of should he ever visit this thread.

As for you Storm, well I’m a pleb, so I can’t say anything you don’t already know or is hindsight :sweat_smile:. Though, I found it amusing that you immediately knew what you did wrong. If anything it’d actually be neat for you to post more with commentary for people like me who understand most things but lack critical decision making.

These are some matches I had against @SneerfulWater57 during the WTF tourney.

Round 2:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ar2Abwt8kQ_EeEU5i46zR5ZTKMA

Round 3:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ar2Abwt8kQ_Eeef8tU3PRXFsXUY

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on my play in general. Any missed opportunities, bad tendencies or anything in that matter. They don’t have to be Eagle specific but it would be nice.

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I can’t actually open the file, could be on my end though.

Hmm
I’ll try to upload them to YouTube when I get home. Idk why they don’t work for you. Sorry about that

Maybe the permission on the files isn’t listed as “everyone can view”? Otherwise, I am not sure either.

I copied the link once again, it changed a letter so it might do something.

1 Like