The Replay and Analysis Thread

Your analysis usually go live when im sleeping so ill definitely have to catch up on the youtube recordings.

1 Like

So hisako has this thing where she can essentially do an infinite corner combo for maximum damage output, any tips on how to fight back?

Also, what can be done against eyedol players who are constantly jumping? Apparently DPā€™s and AAā€™s donā€™t always work.

Infinite corner combo? Do you have a video where we can see what you are talking about?

Yeah, Iā€™ll have to record and upload it first so stay tuned. (Although itā€™s not really an ā€œinfiniteā€ because she drops it but it seems like it still.)

Without looking at it, this sounds like getting hit into resets.

7 Likes

May as well be an infinite with Hisako, lol

4 Likes

Just mash DP. Or backdash, depending on the character.

1 Like

3 Likes

-shrug- If Hisako just wants to reset you for days, it will work 100% of the time.

If you play a character whoā€™s jump arc is fast enough that she cannot hit you with a TK ORZ reset, then Hisako is mostly forced to go for command grab/meaty low resets, which lose to most charactersā€™ backdashes. If you have a DP, then you always have to option to mash it to prevent being reset. Even metered reversals which freeze the screen will tend to stop Hisako resets, as sheā€™s not able to counter cancel most of her favorite reset options.

For you specifically, Kim is hosed when Hisako wants to reset. Glacius is not.

1 Like
3 Likes

Fantastic FT10 (and then FT whatever :joy:) set between myself and @llPaulBll:

If you were wondering, this is the set @BigBadAndy was requesting you to do an analysis on @Infilament. I know there are definitely some adjustments Iā€™d make if I were to do it again (countering jump-ins, checking post-throw tech buttons, etc), so if youā€™re inclined Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a lot to learn and improve on here. As always, your call :thumbsup:

4 Likes

And another good FT10, this time with UA Wheels:

Ton of stuff Iā€™d adjust for the future on this one, so feel free to offer thoughts.

EDIT: As a note, was mashing the heck out of counter on most of that cr.MP pressure. Not really sure why, but couldnā€™t seem to hit the window quick enough most of the time - think it mightā€™ve been an online thing.

1 Like

Why didnā€™t you just block?

Because continually holding +3 pressure is a great way to get hit eventually. Iā€™d prefer Gargos to have to go for riskier/more punishable options on offense than to sit in my face spamming cr.MP.

I wound up blocking it a crap ton (if I mash counter and donā€™t get it, itā€™s because Iā€™m stuck in blockstun). But thatā€™s really not my preference, and he shouldnā€™t have been able to get away with that kind of pressure as much as he did.

The way see it. Gargos DOES have to take Risks regardless of a +3 on block button. If he spams it, you can hold it and react to what he does next. His best option is pressing the button continuously or giving up his turn. If He cancel It into any special move He is getting punished. If He cancels it into command grab you Can react and punish.

With other characters that have more potent pressure up close i can see why youā€™d do that, but gargos up close options seem very limited to me. I could see hisako blocking it out then reacting to his next move. Counter is a good move but Iā€™d use it when i got my opponent comfortable pressing that button.

Ah. Therein lies the rub - I have old man reactions and am largely incapable of reacting to any form of command grab. :joy:

I do agree though that I should have held more of his pressure when minions were out though - should force him to go for the grabs instead of trying to read when exactly the button would come out.

2 Likes

I canā€™t anything about that lol my reactions need work aswell.

I guess that means I have old man reactions as well, because Iā€™m free to all command grabs :joy:

1 Like

Itā€™d be easy to react to command grab if you could just flinch at forward motion, but because forward motion might also mean psycho crusher, and neither of them have a gap where you can fit in a normal, that makes it hard.

Itā€™s easy to think that a character ā€œhas to take risksā€ at +3 because each thing he does has a counter, but itā€™s not the full story. You have to weigh the outcomes of these risks. For example, if the defender chooses to ā€œdo nothingā€ (ie, keep blocking), heā€™s a lot worse off than if the +3 character chooses to stop pressuring, because one of them is a lot riskier than the other. Similarly, if the defender chooses to reversal DP/parry, he is opening himself up to punishment when he is wrong. But unlike the offense, the onus is on him to take the risk to get out of the pressure.

So yeah, you can DP the normal or jump the command grab, but every time youā€™re wrong, you get hurt. By comparison, many of the times Gargos is wrong (ie, he stops to bait an escape), he doesnā€™t get hurt.

1 Like

Set with a Riptor that I really enjoyed. He really played the frame trap game that Riptor has but that you rarely see. :slight_smile:

As always, feedback welcome :thumbsup:

2 Likes