The Official Weekly Tournament of the Forums (WTF) #3 thread

@VerminatorX, can you play today?

Ahehehem!

For audience entertā€¦ er, I mean, REVIEWā€¦ Iā€™m gonna have to humbly request footage of this set. Yā€™know, whenever. We just have to make sure this alleged ā€œcomebackā€ is board certified. Beauracracy, you understand. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Ggs to @VerminatorX, who won me 3-2.

Dah Tusk is awesome!

Felt a bit clumsy today :sweat:

Aw I was expecting you beat himā€¦ :frowning:

@VerminatorX Destroy Slender! Defeat Slender! Bodies Slender! Lol

1 Like

@VerminatorX Tusk bodies Gargosā€¦
All I have to say

Technically my Gargos was a 1-1.

I used Shin Hisako first. When he got 2-1 I switched to Gargos.

Because you asked nicely @MDMMORNING

Winnerā€™s Finals - @STORM179 vs @KevBones10:

7 Likes

That actually reminds me, i still havnt uploaded my matches yet :joy:

I would upload them hereā€¦ if i didnā€™t lose the footage :pensive:

#<3

Post these in the replay and analysis thread please.

I was saying that more for Verminator vs. Slender but I forgot youā€™re a low key Gargos player too.

IMHO Tusk v. Gargos may be close to a 7-3 if it isnā€™t one.Sorry if this is a derail I donā€™t wanna get banned

Haha, no worries man.

And talking a bit about how the MUs between our characters are is not that offtopic.

IMO Tusk wins Gargos, but not a 7-3 at all. 5.5-4.5, 6-4 MAX. Never worse

Must just be my experiences then.Iā€™ve played the MU a ton and itā€™s been an uphill battle most of the time and almost impossible at others.On paper it seems like a horrendous MU but maybe I may be looking at it wrong.
Any tips?

From my experience you play a very runaway Gargos. Gargos canā€™t really run from Tusk, since Tusk has buttons that are very good at snatching him from the air and returning all the damage you got running away twofold. Youā€™ll likely need to do a mix of zoning and close-in (dash->command grab range) pressure to win that fight. And minions, of course. Definitely need minions.

@ItzTymeToDul - just go to the YouTube page and copy the link, and then post it in the Replay and Analysis thread to put the video in there. Itā€™ll probably be a bit if I have to do it - YouTube hasnā€™t been playing nicely on my phone lately.

2 Likes

Avoid being at the medium range. Play keepaway until you get a minion. Until that, c. Hk is your ally to get Tusk out of his qcf k dashes. If you read a dash, j. Hk will throw him fullscreen.

If he is jump happy, buffer a qcf and hit him with H version. Do not juggle, re positionate yourself.

Once you have a bar, get Dretch out. Tusk has good range, hitting Izzik while he attacks is easy. Dretch has a less punishable walk pattern, gets one hit more, and his special attack is more useful against Tusk.

Jumping is very dangerous. If you are confident, jump in and out of his dp/hp, and if he whiffs it, use m.reckoning for a combo opportunity. This works better with a minion behind him

As Storm says, you want to be far from Tusk. He wins the mid range and close range.

1 Like

Iā€™m still waiting for @VerminatorX fight Slender. :confused:

2 Likes

Indeed guys, youā€™ve only got a few hours left.

@slendercashew50 @VerminatorX

Dang guys, youā€™re not making this easy on me are you? With no activity in the past week from the 2 of you, I really canā€™t say either one of you have been trying harder to connect with the other or anything, so I believe in cases like this where I have to pick someone based on nothing Iā€™m going to use a randomizer (aka virtual coin flip)ā€¦the same one Iā€™ve used in the past to determine start order, and whoever comes out in the first spot FT3 will take the win.

So @VerminatorX advances.

3 Likes

@VerminatorX YOU. When can we play WTF tournament?

GGS to @VerminatorX! His Tusk is crazy than US Wheels! My hands are very shake right now. lol

I won 3-2

@STORM179 So we are gonna fight again soonā€¦ I think we should fight in live stream. That would be great. :wink:

5 Likes