The New GG's Thread! (B/c we're so awesome that the last one had too many replies and auto-locked)

was wondering if you switched to a pad or something :slight_smile:

Lol. Nah, just figured out that WASD was directions and U-O were punches and went from there :slightly_smiling_face:

Mind playing a bit past 10? Want to play a bit of Sako too if you’re up for it.

that’ll be fine.

1 Like

Gg’s sir :slight_smile:

EDIT: dropped shadow makes me sad :sob:

Likewise, missed shadow counter makes me sad too. Forgot you ran Sadira as well.

But well played on you Storm. Went about as well as i could expect. Hopefully the replays won’t bug out when i go to look at them.

Yeah, she’s pretty rusty, but I like to pull her out every now and again. Seemed like a good call for the accidental last match :slight_smile:

Hopefully the replays work and can help. I will say though that you probably don’t want to push buttons after your light and heavy dragon dances - both are negative on block and it isn’t your turn anymore. They’re also straight up DP punishable; I was trying to reversal DP whenever I blocked, but DP’ing out of block is pretty tough on hitbox.

Kim also can’t jump out of Hisako resets. Seems I just flat-out don’t have the timing for it on HB, but something to keep in mind if you run into a Sako with good execution.

2 Likes

When you played Jago, there were times where i’d let fwd roundhouse rock and managed to check you with a jab afterwards. It didn’t seem like a throw and I was trying to figure to myself why you’d allow that so i started checking once or twice after minus moves.

With the Hisako resets, i was either going to mash my parry to beat a cr MK reset or fwd jump to evade possession/influence (i got away from a TK ORZ as well, didn’t expect that). I maybe guessed right on a cr MK reset twice if i recall right. Biggest thing was my meaty timing was garbage and kept getting cmd grabbed off your wakeup.

I’ll probably find more in the tapes. That’s what’s just fresh in my memory.

Once you get those tapes, please post them in the Replay and Analysis thread. I would like to provide input. I know the Hisako MU very well.

1 Like

Well, the optimal reset to use is the TK ORZ. That one (when done properly anyway) will beat mash parry (catches her after her active frames), backdash, shadow dragon kick, or your jump. You kinda have to hold it. Or you would anyway, if I could actually do it on hitbox :sweat_smile:

I think you played well overall. I recommend using your katas to approach in neutral. As you saw, if you try to play honest you tend to just walk into st.HP or eat anti-airs. The katas have special priority, so they’re actually pretty tough for Sako to get around.

Well, at least one of the Hisako replays is bugged or desynched or something. Seems like the rest are ok.

I fixed my net.

HOOOOOOOORAH

WHO WANT’S TO PLAY?!

4 Likes

Ahhhhh I’m about to go out. But I’m glad to hear your net is back up!!!

1 Like

lol Thanks @BubbRubb4Real

I think I got a date with fwuf hopefully.

1 Like

Congratulations @SoSRaGnArOk, if I play more against you today I will lose all of them.

1 Like

GGS! I was lucky this time around. :smiley: The other day you pummeled me sinseless. :slight_smile:

Need some help here… when TJ starts doing that ridiculous target combo and fake power line sequnece over and over and over… when can you break that? Ive broke on the 3rd hit before but someitmes it doesnt work. Is it the 3rd hit of a punch or the 3rd time he does the target combo? Can he delay it so it resets the 3 hit rule? Is it HP >MP or can it mix up to MP>HP?
Its kind of ridiculous when he is in instinct.

Target combos count as a single “hit”, so he’d need to do three discrete target combo strings before it’d become breakable.

THats what I thought, but it wasnt breaking on the 3rd hit or byond for me sometimes. Its all happening so fast as well.
THanks for the info!

1 more question…when CInder is doing his target combo… it seems so plus on advantage…what the hell can you do to get out fo that pressure? Besides shadow form? Is there any mooment when its my turn and I can jab out of it?

I don’t believe you can jab out of any 3rd degree pressure, at least unless the Cinder really screws something up. You can shadow counter the medium and heavy button combinations though. Frame advantage on the last hit is dependant on which strength normal he ends with - I suggest taking it into practice if you want exact numbers.