The Never ending fireball and magic show!

How would any of that add replay value?

Making the game more real likeā€¦
Example, even the person getting there butt kicked
would admire the effort displayed in the defense
animations.

Kilgore already does that though

2 Likes

No matter what anyone says these ideas would not make the game
worse, only better at worstā€¦

ā€œNot to mention this idea really screws up frame data since it has to account for every animation.ā€

Not true the game can decide if the persons GPU can handle it, if not, then drop back
to standing still during defenseā€¦

Thatā€™s not what he means. He means attack data. Certain attacks inflict a certain amount of frames of block stun. Changing animations would need to be just as long as block stun without ruining the flow of the match and the balance of the game as well.

All that work for aesthetics instead of making things like stages, costumes and etc.

This is like battle damage from mortal kombat. Itā€™s unnecessary work doesnā€™t add as much to the game than its cost. Although it does look cool I will give you that

1 Like

Yes that thank you.

The added animations would be just animations
the block data would still be the same, determined
by the attack data.

Its micrososft they can afford the time.
and have the skills to do it.

What youā€™re suggesting regarding multiple blocking animations is purely a visual change which would make things more realistic, but adds a ton of additional work for little benefit.

Seeing a character move their arms in multiple ways to block attacks is not going to be the final stepping stone which gets people to start playing KI, in my opinion.

I believe new characters, new costumes, new mechanics, and new game modes are all more important things for the team to spend their time on rather than making changes like this.

As for your gameplay related dislikes, Iā€™d be curious to know what sort of fighting game character styles you do like. You seem to not like zoners, rushdowns or grapplers, and Iā€™m not sure whatā€™s left.

2 Likes

its not Microsoft that develops the game, its Iron Galaxy studios. And KI is on a budget, that much is clear

I agree with everything you said, but it would still
make the game look awesome.

I agree, but they are asking what we would like to see, and this
in my opinion would add alot. and yes more fighters, mods etc
would be great too.

Also this would take the game to another level because its never been
done before and would make the game look greatā€¦

xSkeletalx
Grapplers are fine, zoning, is good, rush down are greatā€¦
all i saying is when its done as like its the ony move there isā€¦
over doing it is what im sayingā€¦ thats all.

another idea! xSkeletalx
why not add a little quick grappling!

example (again) plz?

Im not saying full take downs, just a little pushing and shoving, maybe some tripping. LOLā€¦

The animations have to be just as long as the frames or wells it will look wrong.

Like for example letā€™s say a jab from jago inflicts idk 5 frames of block stun. The animation would have to be 5 frames long from start up to the actual block to the return to a neutral position. Finding out and creating an actual unique block animation for this that last only 5 frames without making it look weird by speeding it up or slowing it down. Itā€™s much harder than you think.

Maybe they could make three different block animations for blocking. an overhead, mid and low animation? It would certainly be easier although the cost still isnā€™t with the reward

Im sure they could do without too much effort,
if we can put the space shuttle on the moon we can
sync some framesā€¦

Look at the CGI in the movies, if they can make avatar
they can make a good video game betterā€¦

ā€¦the budget in those movies are not exactly the same as in KIā€¦if you catch my driftā€¦

We are just a little, little bit smallerā€¦yes Iā€™m exaggerating we are loads smaller

i agree, but i dont think that it would be that much more work,
the work may be redundent to the developer, and possible why its never be done.

but the pay off would be worth itā€¦

imagine this. some lame gamer tries to force a million rounds
into you only for his gun to jam, or over heat, then you trip him
when he is forced to rush you, after slapping him him for it, you get him
with an ultra that you both love, because even though you did it,
he watched his fighter work his but off defending it making it even
betterā€¦