The Missing Link: Where are the Game Modes?

Long ago we were assured there would be GOOD REASON that we were only getting 3 stages.

It seems people are not happy about the pricing of season 3 because that “gap” is still unfilled.

And the devs are hinting that there will be no new Ultra edition features.

So the only thing that could possibly be announced that DOESN’T add to the content of the Ultra edition SPECIFICALLY is Game Modes.

Where are they? And where are the other universal features we have been requesting since S1? Where is the improved Ranked? Where is the 2 profile local play? How about Tag Team mode?

I just feel like they have to announce SOMETHING else before launch.

Any one else?

5 Likes

Too much rumors, speculations, and stress. Honestly, I don’t care anymore, it’s a waste of time to sit there thinking of what could be and what isn’t. I’ll just take it day by day and see what comes.

In the meantime, I’ll be playing vidya geamz.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t know. But I’D love a mode similar to Halo’s theatre mode, so I can record my online battles with more fun, and possibly more KI Stupitity episodes in the future.

1 Like

They won’t announce a god damned thing until the thing is about to come out.

Then it will be delayed for a month, and then it will finally come out.

2 Likes

When i remember how much Season three will be based on Shadow Energy, i get a little hope that maybe there will still be Shadow characters, Shadow stages, Shadow modes, and maybe they will drop a HUGE BOMB on us at launch. (or maybe not tell us anything, just let us find it in the game.) But if season three launches as is right now, With no new game modes and TONS of unfixed issues / un-acknowledged requests that have been around since early season 2, i will probably be a less active member of KI as a game, and as a community.

1 Like

You find Season 3 lacking compared to the past two, because the S3 Ultra Edition costs the same, but we won’t get the same amount of stages and no port of an original game, because… well, there’s no more to take from, so that only makes sense.

… I can understand that. What we get though are 8 new characters and all their customization fluff, 3 new stages and 18,000 KI Gold… I guess the last part is to compensate for what is lacking.

However, modes and such were never part of any of the editions you could buy. You get all those for free. It’s only characters and the extra fluff you buy. So asking for extra modes to compensate for the price tag on Season 3’s Ultra Edition is rather unnecessary, because they wouldn’t actually be something you’d have to pay for.

1 Like
  1. We have improved ranked, it’s better than most fighters if not all.
  2. Are there any other games that can do this on Xbox live? If not then it’s probably not worth the cost.
  3. They have never once entertained that idea of a tag mode in the past, why would they spend so much time and money on a secondary game mode that would create a huge divide in online matchmaking slowing matchmaking times to a crawl.

1 current ranked is broken
2 other games dont include leveling up characters
3 everytime a new game mode is asked for, they usually say something like “that sounds fun”, “maybe in the future”, or “we would like to do something like that.”

1. We have improved ranked, it’s better than most fighters if not all. (still true)
  2. Are there any other games that can do this on Xbox live? If not then it’s probably not worth the cost. (still asking)
  3. They have never once entertained that idea of a tag mode in the past, why would they spend so much time and money on a secondary game mode that would create a huge divide in online matchmaking slowing matchmaking times to a crawl. (still true)

1 broken is unacceptable for ANY game. and KI is the only FG with a broken ranked that i know of.
2 it is more important for KI to have this than any other game.
3 I JUST SAID THEY HAVE ENTERTAINED IT.

im done with this.

How is Ranked broken?
I ask because I don’t know.

1. Please define broken.
  2. The fact that it’s impossible without asking MS to make major changes to Xbox live on their end for minor cosmetic reasons means nothing to you. SOME FIGHTERS TODAY DON’T EVEN HAVE LOCAL PLAY.
  3. When??? pics please, I have links to 2 live streams where mike Kiets says: “That will probably never happen”

What do you guys mean with local play? There’s a local multiplayer mode, so you can play with your friend on the same screen, if that’s what you mean…

If there aren’t a lot of players online it some time matches you with people in a different league, this is done so people aren’t forced to wait more than 3 minutes for a match to start. Some people would prefer waiting 5+ minutes for a match apparently.

Oh… well, that makes sense, since I was set up with someone who had Killer rank (I am on the lower rank end as I don’t play online much) who totally kicked my butt while using the lag-method to gain the upper hand earlier today. Like I said, I don’t play online much, so I didn’t really notice his rank and win-streak before we were already playing.

Yes, it means playing with 2 controllers on 1 console. Lately there have been fighters that do not allow this. Rising Thunder for example.

But you can on KI… so… what is it Mrx wants?
I personally think local multiplayer is something all fighting games should have. Focusing only on the online play means I won’t be able to play with my friends when they’re over… I guess Rising Thunder won’t be a game I’ll support then.

I assume he just wants something to justify the price, which he finds isn’t worth the money.

I’ll bite I admit I am curious as to the “good reason” why there are only 3 stages. I guess like everything else “soon.”

And that’s fair enough, as I said above. However, like I also mentioned, all modes are available for free. No mode is part of any of the editions you can buy, so it wouldn’t make sense to ask for more modes to justify the price on them.