The last fighter for S3 HAS to be an original

Mira is the only fighter that is completely new/original. Let that sink in.

Kim Wu, Tusk, and Gargos are all returning. Rash, Arbiter, and General Raam are all guest fighters. Do we really need another returning or guest fighter?

Thoughts?

6 Likes

I agree.
I would definitely prefer to see the last announced character be an all new and original character.
However, something tells me it’s Eagle…

I hope it is.

Im bored. I thought of this=

I don’t care who/what the body/name are, but if I had my way, we’d get an Arbiter-esque character that was small and fast. I use Arby as an example mainly to illustrate the screen area he/she would control and possibly a form of the ammo mechanic, though not identical obviously. Think… A ninja with some kind of wire-type weapons of medium length and a command grab of some kind. In this case the grab would deal very little damage and be designed for mixup potential and offer some kind of advantage/juggle/setup when used. Id like combos to be medium/short-ish BUT required, far more than Raam. Possibly working with a potential damage ideal. Perhaps the command grab I mentioned could lead to possibly setups and mixups while adding potential damage. Requiring you to land one or two short-mid combos to build up potential damage with either some unique mechanic or off the command grab acting in neutral or as an ender… then needing another, quick combo to cash out the damage. It could possibly offset the mixup/setup potential of the character by requiring you to be successful multiple times before it really hurt.

Im envisioning a character that excels in the neutral with proper spacing (I like characters with good neutral. I want to play footsies), that works off knockdowns. Nothing unique there, I know… but after a knockdown, you have to give up your strong, mid-range neutral game to get on top of the opponent and run your mixup/setup game. The penalty for losing this game is you are right on top of the opponent and its no longer your turn, perhaps you had to sacrifice some kind of unique resource to either run the mixup game to begin with, or the resource lets you make a filed attempt slightly safer, something like that.

Id like the character to be mobile with a low, fast/average jump (maybe). The resource could be used again here perhaps to alter the jump arc and effect your mobility. Im not talking anything crazy like double jumps/air dashes, and I hate to use kunai because Ibuki has them as a unique resource already… but image some number of darts, spread across both rounds that you can use in a handful of ways. Your character could throw one into the ground when he jumps, or during the jump, to change his arc. Perhaps his normal jump is something awful and floaty and slow, unless you use the darts to alter the course. A dart thrown right before the jump could alter it into something resembling KOF’s hops or hyperhops. One thrown during the jump could shoot you downward like a dive kick or something. Still further you could use them to launch across the stage in a near horizontal launch.

I’d want the combos to be fast and short not just because we don’t really need another character who’s damage is gotten from longish combos, but because of counter play. I’m envisioning a mobile, tricky, mixup style character. A character like that is inherently annoying to play against. I think some of the potential frustration factor could be bled out by reducing the time you aren’t allowed to play. Since the the character would be based on landing 2-3 small combos before potential damage was built up and cashed out, if things are going well, if the combos were the more traditional type, your opponent spends a lot of time unable to do much of anything. No one likes not being able to play the game.

Shrug. This serves no point, but Im bored and cant sleep and its 5am. That is all.

IMO it has to be eyedol.

Gargos was hyped the most, and I doubt if any new face would overhype Gargos, unless that char would be someone who will make Gargos his ■■■■■ (could be Eyedol u know…)

6 Likes

Yes. Original. Forget Eyedol.

3 Likes

I’m ok with anybody at this point; Eyedol, original or another guest character.

The roster has 3 guests and 22 characters from KI lore so I don’t quite understand people who complain about too many guests (who are great characters by themselves).

No it should be eyedol unless S4 is where eyedol appears.

2 Likes

Why Eyedol hate, i mean seriously. He is better than many of cast. IMO he is certainly cooler than mehs like Kim or Thunder.

3 Likes

I think the last S3 character should be Eyedol. If Tusk and Kim-Wu can be re-done into awesome characters, then Eyedol sure as hell can too.

1 Like

Original please.

All of their original characters have been so fun and interesting.

2 Likes

Seems to be an awful lot of incorrect uses of the word “has” in here.

I strongly agree. Keits sayd he has to most fun designing original characters cuz he can go crazy with the mechanics. New concept, no restrictions. If the designer has fun the chacarcter is gonna be fun, there’s no other way to put it:)

2 Likes

Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol Eyedol

6 Likes

I do think that an original character would make the most sense. We have gotten ZERO info that would give even the smallest hope of Eyedol making the cut. If anything we have recieved info that would suggest he won’t be in Season 3. I also don’t think the last character will be a guest (just a hunch).

My Money is on Eagle. I feel like they would not have built him up quite as much as they did in the Novella if it was not leading to something.

Also I don’t like Eyedol, at all. :slight_frown:

1 Like

Well, technically speaking, Eagle would be an original character. In sense, he may even be considered a returning character, as well, since he has an obvious presence within the story as Thunder’s brother as well as being of the greatest fighters alive (I do believe he won the KI tournament and was captured and used by ARIA as a result). Other than the fact that family ties would hit an all-time high with him appearing as a character (Thunder and Eagle, Jago and Orchid, Maya and Mira…), which is something I detested about Mortal Kombat X, I think he’s something that I would persnally like to see.

I also wouldn’t mind seeing Eyedol, though I worry about how exactly he would translate into the next generation well - even the devs have expressed their own concerns regarding this, and the guy who created KI in the 1st place has already expressed his dislike of the character too, so I don’t know if we’ll ever see him as a returning character - at least not 1 that makes everyone happy anyways. There will be the purists that may hate any changes the devs give him, or there will be those who’ve either never heard of him or who want him to be different or updated that may hate him if the devs decide to make him more like the original. Furthermore, there are, at this point in time, no real ties story-wise to include him into the game itself further adding to the idea that he may be a no show this go round.

Yes they have…they haven’t said no. Other things they have explicitly stated were not going to be in Season 3: no more than 3 character stages, no ultimates…but Eyedol…nothing.

If they were putting Eyedol in, and wanted him to be a surprise…they would have to take this approach. They can’t say returning character, he’s the only one left. They can’t give him a silouhette…the 2 heads would be a dead givaway.

If I were to bet, I would put my money on Eyedol.

It NEEDS to be Eyedol. lol

You can’t just crap on the single character who’s yet to return and his fans, regardless of the haters who want to talk trash about them.

1 Like

Yeah, I would love it to be Eyedol. Why bring every other character back, and not Eyedol? He’s been my favourite character since KI1, and I’d be devastated if he didn’t return!

Why not have two more characters for Season 3? Just Eyedol and one other character, so everyone is happy?

Eagle would be cool

I feel like Aganos is intended to replace Eyedol.