The future of Fighting Games on XB1

Oh yeah! I just forget that stupid mobile game and guess what? Disney just announced new marvel game on mobile! That’s very dumb!

On a positive note, marvel did issue a great game in the form f final fight for mobile. Id love to see this and maybe a console version of contest of champions on XB1, if not backwards compatability for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2, Tao Feng, Mace the Dark Age, Cardinal Syn and maybe an exlcusive Soul Calibur 6

Those were great games? Those 2 mobile games by Marvel? Are you serious?

Ummm… Are you not kidding us?

Yea Tekken 7 is coming for both consoles. I’ll be getting it on PS4 myself though cause it will be the tournament standard most likely plus the higher caliber players tend to be on Sony. Just a bit easier to play other top players if you do decide to take Tekken 7 competitively when it releases. Plus Tekken 7 is one of the few games being on Sony’s Virtual Reality (VR) so I’m curious to see exactly how thats going to play out. I’ll still be using a stick but their VR system has caught my attention as well.

Nice! Glad to hear it. Thanks man! I get wanting in on PS4 for the reasons you outlined. I’d be very curious to see how it’d look and play in VR. That sounds like it could be amazing.

Yay! My big brother will happy about this.

Not if you have seen marvel ultimate alliance and how it plays

Compare that opening ad cinematics to killer instinct’s.
Wait- oh.

I really hate all this doom and gloom talk like fighting games on Xbox One are dead when it’s really only SFV people are concerned about.

Just because not many FGs have released on the console YET doesn’t mean the genre is doomed on it…

1 Like

The only ones I noticed that Xbox doesnt have since i got a PS4 last week is…
Guilty Gear Xrd and Skull Girls Encore

That’s really it.

Xbox has that weird Kinect fighter game…whats it called? Ultimate fighter or something?

So its basically even with PS4 having 1 more fighting game than xbox.

And I bought Guilty gear last week… i have played it one time…not too impressed with it.

I just hope to god Microsoft and Phil Spencer Have some new fighting game exclusives in store for the Xboxone in the future.

1 Like

Marvel vs Killer Instinct Rise of a New World. I wish.

1 Like

Not even marvel vs killer instinct I mean a true marvel fighting game that rivals DC Injustice.

I even love playing the HUGE free roam DC online world.

It’s always the things that I like most that are treated like

1 Like

I’d love to see a marvel fighting game that rivals Injustice. The closest we’ve ever had was the original Capcom Marvel Super Heroes (which is a good game - crazy but not quite vs. game crazy). I think Injustice is an underrated game, partly because it is MK9.5. But I think that’s why it’s great - they took a good fighting engine and concept and then built the comic characters into the game. You have to do it this way because if you start from “let’s do everything the comic characters can do” it won’t work. Much like MK, if the damn netcode was any good, I would have spent a lot more time with it…

Its sad Marvel hasnt received its due in the fighting game world all because of corporate greed.

If Microsoft were smart and pursued this venture for an exclusive Marvel fighting game the world would be all wrapped up in Xbox.

Especially with the new movie out May 2016

Corporate greed is sort of a catch all excuse for everything. Bad games are cash ins for corporate greed, no games are because the companies are too greedy to make games (not sure how that works). It’s not really clear how corporate greed has led to a lack of Marvel fighting games. It has led to distribution issues due to licenses expiring but that’s pretty common for big licenses.

Yeah I think it’s only doom and gloom because we keep hearing about more FGs announced for and coming out on PS4, while in comparison, there’s virtually nothing announced in that same regard (ie exclusive) for Xbox One aside from KI season 3.

I think it’s just a volume thing more than a content thing at this point, though SFV certainly counts on the content front in a big way. You take SFV, GG Xrd, the new KOF (is that console exclusive? Can’t even recall) and some ports like Injustice and what not, add all that up and as a fan, it makes you wonder why MS isn’t doing more for the fighting game community.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Killer Instinct. I bought an Xbox One largely because of it and their lineup of exclusives has been steadily draining my wallet ever since (and I say that in a good way).

But as a fighting game fan, I still can’t help but be a bit greedy for more exclusive titles, especially in the wake of such a large FG going PS exclusive. Phil Spencer tweeted that he’d make it up to fighting game fans. I still have yet to see any indication that he intends to keep that promise. That’s not to say something couldn’t be in development or some deal reached between MS and Sega or Namco or something that we don’t know about, but for now, it’s a little hard to feel too optimistic, even if I’m absolutely psyched for KI Season 3.

Backwards compatibility as a start.