The dumbest thing you ever heard about KI

I’d be okay as long as Elites and split-screen are in. Other than that I’m open to whatever they add, then give an opinion once I play the game.

@SneerfulWater57
Thats a good rhetorical question. Points for you

Small life recommendation: don’t let the opinions of irrelevant people affect you one way or the other.

There are certainly those with voices and platforms who can negatively affect the health of the game and the scene. But by and large, the jokers who make angry rant videos on YouTube and post nasty personal slurs aren’t among them.

8 Likes

Me telling my friends that I put in $120 on a single fighting game.

1 Like

Honestly, it wouldn’t be much different than buying 2 or 3 of the different versions of Street Fighter 2 they’ve made over the years. Fighting games have almost always been expensive in that regard. Hell, I remember buying MK2 on the SNES for around $90. Adjusting for inflation that would be nearly $150 nowadays, and that’s back before DLC or microtransactions were a thing, so we’re only talking base version here.

1 Like

Oh, I dunno, maybe “I hate these forums and the people in them, cult this, freedom of speech that”

proceeds to make alternate account and hang out in the forums user hates so much

Another one I heard recently “Ultimates are supposed to have things like decapitations and arms ripped off” meanwhile, I can’t think of a single one in the original two games where that happened.

2 Likes

Nope, not at all. As far as gore is concerned at best you got a charred body, at worst…well, there’s TJ’s KI2 uppercut.

These guys keep forgetting that Nintendo was running the show back on the original 2 KI games, and while they were certainly willing to let Rare do some more mature stuff to combat Sega’s marketing to edgy teens, they still held the reigns pretty tight.

…and then there was Conker that was the exception to the rule, and a fluke that honestly only could have happened within that small window of time in the N64’s life cycle where Rare could do no wrong in Nintendo’s eyes.

4 Likes

Haha, I was one of these, however I do remember being exposed to some of the No Mercy moves back in the day and being a bit like “oh, is that it?”

In comparison to my exposure to the Sega versions of the Mortal Kombat series and Eternal Champions, gore seemed scarce in KI, but it didn’t seem to be the main focus anyway, I figured that just wanted a slice of the “Finishing Move” pie that every studio and their dog was doing since seeing Mortal Kombat launched. I think probably the most sadistic overall was T.J’s neck breaker, which was still relatively tame in comparison to KI’s competitors, Ultimates/No Mercies always seemed to edge more on the side of cheesy rather than gory, some of them showcasing additional morph effects which were actually pretty cool for the time.

Since they’ve introduced Ultimates to our current KI I’m wondering how the detractors would have preferred take-for-take updated versions of the original Ultimates, does anybody think they’d have thought Jago’s/Maya’s sky elephant/car was great? What about Glacius’ T-1000 absorb that didn’t manage to absorb Cinder’s flame effects?

Nostalgia is one heck of a drug.

1 Like

Back when I played the original KI I also had MK2 on the SNES and played the crap out of both games. As such I’ve never had any preconceived notions that KI finishers were gory. Blood, yes; violent, of course; but gory…not at all.

But still there’s going to be that camp of people that want the gore and believe the only thing between them and their desired MKX clone are the people in charge of the game’s direction.

…I mean it’s true, but they act like it’s a bad thing.

2 Likes

k then

Out of all of these Fulgore definitely has the most visually brutal ones. Especially the death by firing squad one, with all the exit wounds.

My friends said that KI is a MK clone…bruh…

IMG_1851

4 Likes

That’s the kind of quote you hear from people who don’t play fighting games.

5 Likes

They saw TJ combo and were just like LOOK its Jax from MK. This game is a ripoff etc, etc. Sometimes I don’t know what to do with them lol

1 Like

Very true.
…if anything TJ’s a Balrog clone. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I want it on mobile games

2 Likes

You just click a button to activate an ultra! How exciting!

3 Likes

Come on knowing mobile games each ultra will cost you $1.99.

6 Likes

Not to mention they will only be available for the 5-star version of a character, and the only way to get a 5-star character is to stock up on duplicate 4* characters at $5 a pop ($2.50 if on sale) which get exchanged for KI shadow gems, and it takes the equivalent of 100 4* characters in gems to get a blind RNG character crystal that may or may not be compatible with that Ultra you purchased.

…f*** mobile games.

4 Likes

Don’t forget if you lose more than 3 matches you can continue by spending gems or wait an absurd amount of time to get one more try. Mobile games are a cancer to gaming.

1 Like

Meanwhile Imma keep playing FE Heroes and warning people not to derail threads :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like