The dumbest thing you ever heard about KI

To be fair I thought KI was an MK rip be off before playing it. Sure the gameplay is nothing alike but in terms of just the look of the game it’s pretty easy to say MK rip off.

3 Likes

Yeah, that whole video is just pure top 10 list clickbait.

And IIRC, Midway did not publish KI. Nintendo did, and Midway just built and distribited the cabinets, right?

1 Like

I think it’s fair to assume that to anyone who isn’t a fan of fighting games, any fighting game that isn’t Mortal Kombat is a ripoff of Mortal Kombat. Hell before I got into fighting games (which really only happened when I got into Killer Instinct in Season 1) I thought Street Fighter was a rip off of MK that skimped on the gore. And since it had no gore I saw no reason anyone would want to play it.

How funny it all seems looming back at it…

Also @FallibleJoker14 I checked the video and it’s by ChaosxSilencer. He’s an old Call of Duty YouTuber who never really had any successful content after the series started to lose traction, so I wouldn’t expect him to be super well versed in fighting games

2 Likes

Still, you would expect a YouTuber to research something a little bit more if they’re gonna talk about it in a video. Just shows a sense of unprofessionalism. Its only however just a clickbait video. I’m just calling attention to it.

1 Like

This is a watchmojo.com level of research.
He said that the US Mario Bros 2 is a rip-off of Doki-Doki Panic -_-.
Surprised that Dante’s Inferno didn’t appear in here, it looks like a God of War rip-off to me. Only checked the comments though.

Ok

Guys… just look at this comment in youtube: http://prntscr.com/gm7req
Sources: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-WpEzv0GT4

2 Likes

That’s just their opinion, why should we even g give him attention?

3 Likes

Nope. Don’t even bother.

4 Likes

Nah, I’m good.

4 Likes

I read it.

Soooooooooooo tired of saying Kim doesn’t look “pretty” enough, or why Orchid covers her booty and fights with glow sticks.

Leave them alone and just play the damn game lol

8 Likes

I wasnt even seeking for attention. Just showing off to people the stupidity of… never mind, this is just funny.

I know, I was just saying that those types of messages are not worth anyone’s attention. It’s better to ignore them than give it attention.

I know, but i want anyone to laugh about this… Just like to laugh about this kind of people’s logic ye know?

I mean… back in the 90’s when it debuted it. It kinda was an MK clone.

Yeah, but it was Nintendo’s MK clone.

Hmm, I’d argue it was more a hybrid of the two “big” fighting games with a vastly different combo system and better music, “Street Kombat” or “Mortal Fighter” if you will.

2 Likes

It’s a parody of popular fighting games which features characters that are parodies themselves.

2 Likes

If I were to give a longer form answer than what I did, I would have said exactly what you did.

2 Likes

That’s the common way to call her in Spanish literally xD
And Jagos pronunciation also changes. Glacius is the same but with the a like Jago.