The dumbest thing you ever heard about KI

Dude, half this thread is everyone having half-derailing commentary in regards to the topic.
Don’t ruin the fun. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

…hey at least we’ve moved on from discussing the CoG. Cult of Gargos

5 Likes

Internal screaming

1 Like

Ok

I also forgot to mention that the haters say it’s for kids because the ultimates are not bloody… Well it’s rated T so you won’t get MK gore in KI.

4 Likes

Some of that may actually be my fault. I make it a point of applauding the dev team for taking the approach they have taken with the lack of gore every time gore is brought up on the forums because thanks to that I can sit back and enjoy playing KI even if my 4-year-old or my nieces and nephews around the same age are running around in my house. I suppose a random passerby or a troll with an agenda could twist that around to claim “think of the children!!!”
…more like think of the parents ■■■-holes. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I agree stuff like that is childish.

1 Like

Someone who pronounced Orchid’s name as “Ortrid” which really, really bugged me, as petty as that may seem it just really ground my gears, they also dubbed themselves as a "true KI fan."
What’s next “Philgore” and “Agginus” “Glayshus” and “Jahgo?” :rage:

4 Likes

I’ve heard several people pronounce Glacius as “Glay-shus” instead of “Glay-see-us”, and it really irks me, especially if you know the roots of words.
Yes Glacius is derived from glacier (glay-sure), but then again both glacier and ice, as well as glass are all derived from the latin word glaciēs (glah-chez)…which now that I’ve heard the pronunciation of it while researching it just confuses things even more…:confused:

Anyway, IMHO: glass, ice, Glay-see-us. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Glacius is kinda understandable, at the least the mispronunciation makes a little more sense there, I was just shooting out a few silly examples of bizarre ways to pronounce the characters’ names.

However, can you please point me to the “t” in Orchid? That just makes no sense to me, even if you were pronouncing it incorrectly without the hard “k” sound it would be “Or-Chid” (“Ch” sound, like “chatter.”) Although saying that, I also have a friend who calls her Orchard, so there’s that, I guess. :joy:

Yeah Ortrid is a bit of a stretch. Definitely a head-scratcher. But if it’s coming from the source I’m guessing it is dere, I’m not surprised.

I kinda like Philgore though. Sounds like a killer cyborg robot with a phychiactric talk show where he helps people cope with their personal problems…and then vaporizes them with his hype beam. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Not directly from the source, one of the offshoots, more like an Omen to his Gargos, if you will.
That description of Philgore wasn’t all that far off what popped into my head as I was typing it, to be honest! He’s a homely type, minus the blood thirsty killing machine bit…

2 Likes

I’ll just leave this here…

Haven’t seen the video, but by the thumbnail I can already tell where this is going to go…
Sadira might have had a Mileena vibe in her reveal trailer, being masked and purple and all sexy-like… but that’s where the comparison ends. They are nothing alike.

3 Likes

Oh it tries to compare a lot more then just sadira and mileena.

1 Like

Yeah, just saw it. And… he just says they are alike, he never specifies anything that would compare the two.

I bet he just skimmed over KI. Maybe not even played it for more then a day

Well, he says it’s better than MK.
But hey, opinions…

2 Likes

Yea true, but there’s a lot of KI haters in the comment section. But as you said…

Everyone has an opinion

Vid says sadira is a rip off Mileena…

By that logic Da Vorah is a rip off Sadira.

1 Like

Who says she isn’t?

Rip-off might not be the right word, but a source of inspiration maybe.

1 Like