The Complete Killer Instinct Guide (ki.infil.net) [All post-S3 chars added!]

I have an Xbox but won’t be playing KI on it anymore. I hate the lack of legacy stick support and the long load times. Plus, getting videos for my guide is so much easier on the PC version.

1 Like

Omg, but we need you Infil! Microsoft needs to know about this, if Infilament can’t play KI some ■■■■ needs to change, immediately.

If you’d like me to get Raw videos for you in the future, don’t hesitate to ask. They may not be 1080, but 900 shouldn’t be a problem.

Have you updated Infil? (Windows Anniversary)

Or have you opted out of it? It hasn’t already caused problems, has it?

I have not updated yet and don’t plan to do so in the immediate future.

But I’m sure eventually I will have to cave.

Well, hopefully by the time you update, they will have ironed out all the bugs plaguing the update. I haven’t heard much good stuff. Hopefully you find a solution.

Have some addition/correction for Kan-Ra’s page. You say: “If Kan-Ra does not have a sand trap or swarm near the opponent, his only way to extend the combo is to juggle the opponent with the light version of Spike and cancel it into shadow Whirl, which will recapture the opponent and allow a combo.”

You can also recap with m.spike, any light normal xx whirl. (except cr.LP)
Recap works also St.MP xx whirl vs all characters except Fulgore and Raam. The st.mp timing varies for every character and medium whirl seems to be the most consistent.
You can also use the second hit of cr.MP xx whirl to recap but that is very hard to do and I don’t know weather it works vs everyone.

So I’m sure you could figure this out (or maybe not, I you can’t play) but Sabrewulf has become like Mira where you’ll want to be using Heavy Linkers in his lockout combos. Kinda weird considering it takes out the one thing his combo trait is really useful for, but I certainly appreciate the extra damage. :stuck_out_tongue:

Eh, the doubles still build more PD than the linkers so they’ll be useful to raise ender level after lockouts.

I can’t test Wulf’s new lockout combos because I haven’t updated. If someone wants to give me some numbers showing new/better lockout combos, I will update the page. I suspect, at the very least, my existing combo + changing the ragged edge linker for hamstring linker at the end will be slightly better.

I wanted to test it since it was announced, but I have managed to forget about it every time I go to KI.

Yesterday I even played against a Wulf and said: Oh, I should check his optimal combo later

And I forgot XD

@Infilament @DEClimax I tested it out and my hypothesis was confirmed. Using Heavy Leap Slash Linkers brought up Wulf’s Counter-Breaker damage. Using Heavy Ragged Edge (like you used in your tests for the site) these are the new numbers I got:

Meterless: HP Double, Heavy Leap Slash, HP Double, Heavy Leap Slash, LP Double, Eclipse Ender= 48%

1 Bar: HP Double, Heavy Leap Slash, HP Double, Heavy Leap Slash, Shadow Leap Slash, Eclipse Ender= 57%

2 Bar: HP Double, Heavy Leap Slash, HP Double, Heavy Leap Slash, Shadow Leap Slash, Shadow Eclipse= 66%

Those linkers hit HARD! Raised his CB damage by about 1-3% across the board. And since the 2 meter combo ends in a juggle state, you can tack on a Heavy Eclipse for an extra 2% to bring it up to 68% damage, if you’re willing to risk the break attempt to end the round.

1 Like

Eyedol’s page is now complete.

http://ki.infil.net/eyedol.html

That means my entire guide is now fully up to date (minus a few character-specific things which aren’t that important in the grand scheme of things, and I will get around to when I can).

Thanks for hanging around and giving me support during this journey. I spent 2 years of my life doing this for free, because I liked the game and I wanted to help the community, and I feel like I have raised the bar incredibly high when it comes to fighting game content… perhaps even too high for myself to maintain in the end. But I hope it inspires people to improve the quality of content, and I hope KI is a better game because of my contributions.

(I basically never say this, but if you are interested and have the means and have found the site helpful, please consider donating).

13 Likes

Hooray!

Love the heads art ^^

I really like this page, the heads art it’s very visual and feels perfect, and the command list is perfectly implemented

I just hope that this guide hasn’t somehow got you tired and overloaded. Making a hobby your obligation sometimes goes bad, I hope this is not the case

It might have. :\

:cry:

Well, I’ll put it this way: 2016 is by far the least I have ever played fighting games since I got into the hobby in 2001. I have probably played less than 200 matches in all fighting games combined (KI, SFV, etc) over the entire year. I think every other year besides this year, I have played 200 matches in a single weekend at some point during that year.

It makes me really sad to say that, but it’s just where I’m at right now. Not all of that is because of the KI guide, of course.

I would gladly help you to raise that matches numbers once you are able to play KI again :slight_smile:

Now time to flood in all the things that are missing from your character pages.

Enjoy the ride, I’ll post some stuff later :yum:

So when’s rl.infil.net?

Lol, but seriously, thank you for your long contribution that has helped the entire KI Community. I guess you can finally take a long breather from your guide. :slight_smile: