The Complete Killer Instinct Guide (ki.infil.net) [All post-S3 chars added!]

1 Like

Okay so for a period of time it wouldn’t let any of my new posts touch this thread, but hopefully that’s fixed. I wanna draw attention back to this masterpiece.

For the record, just the other day, I updated my guide to match 3.7 (patch notes, changing Jago/Gargos/etc pages to be accurate to the new changes). So now I think not counting the new characters, my guide is once again fully up to date.

I have some ideas for fun new content for my guide (again, not counting the new characters) that I am slowly working on in the background. It’s possible it will never come to fruition so I won’t mention them until I am 100% sure they will be finished and good. But if I do finish that some time in the coming months, I’ll be sure to let people know.

I’m still not sure if I will do the new characters, though it’s kind of leaning towards no at this point as people have no doubt guessed. There has been interest in the past to crowdfund the 3 new character pages, and I think that is probably the only way they would ever get completed; as much as I have had fun doing all the pages for free until now, my energy has just run dry for that. I dunno, I’m still thinking to myself how I would do that, primarily because I suck at “begging” for money and I’m not even sure how much I would ask for.

6 Likes

May I suggest a timed system similar to the Communty Fund? 2 week period, $4/character or $10 for all 3.

Patreon I’d imagine is your best bet. I’d pledge some money to see it happen.

Not only @Infilament knows how to do a good guide about something as complex as Killer Instinct can be, but also he started a very interesting conversational Blog in his site!

Go visit the first episode here:
http://ki.infil.net/w01-bugs.html

And if you want to discuss about it, come here!

5 Likes

Been a while since I updated something, but I changed the way my character pages look! New nice info box under the move list and color-coded headers make the pages a lot easier to navigate and read.

ki.infil.net/characters.html

10 Likes

This looks very sleek now. Thanks!

Very nice page layout and design

Some of the little quips in the new ‘play if/avoid if’ section are cute.

The play if/ avoid if’s are a nice touch!

@Infilament You f***ing madman. :hushed: :+1:

5 Likes

ki.infil.net/kilgore.html
ki.infil.net/shinhisako.html
ki.infil.net/eagle.html

16 Likes

man! u r GRRRREEEAAATT!

• Tony the Tiger

@Infilament or anyone else well-informed.

Is this statement still true, “Jago is the king of gauges in KI; he builds shadow meter faster than any other character, and can regenerate his health through his instinct mode”?

I was under the impression that he was no longer the “Meter King”.

Omen builds meter a little faster through enders, but I think Jago still builds meter faster through regular play (blocked fireballs, etc). And “king of meters” also applies to the health and instinct meter, which Jago fills faster than other characters.

Yeah, I noticed he gets meter ridiculously fast via blocked attacks. Fierce HP > Light Endo > Kara/MP > Endo > Fierce HP > Endo is one bar or nearly a bar worth of meter… the kara isn’t necessary but looks flashy and can be converted into a mixup.

Regardless, I know battery enders are situational, same goes for all other enders. I was mainly referring to just blocked normals, fireballs, auto doubles, etc. Instinct is needless to say as the 15% ATW is exclusive to him. Wait, is it? Omen locks meter and Shago gets nothing if I recall correctly.

Just curious, will the post s3 characters be linked to the menu at some point?

Awesome work dude! The only issue at the moment is that when you’re on Eyedol’s page, the next page link goes to Jago rather than Kilgore. Otherwise, congrats on finishing up all the character sheets!

Not sure what you’re asking? The top drop-down menu should have S1, S2, S3, and “Extra” which has the last 3 chars in it. If you aren’t seeing it, try refreshing the page with Ctrl + R (to force the cache to reset).