Taunts shouldn't be cancelable

Cam we just admit that 98% of the taunts are done while one character is between life bars. I have never been taunted while I was standing, and I have been playing from the start of S1.

98% of the taunts that you have experienced. Most of the taunts I encounter are after the match has ended. But then there are those who like to do it before the match or do it during the match and cancel it and just keep repeating it over and over.

How are you able to play shadow lords like its common place. May I remind you none of us have shadow lords yet.

For starters, why do you care if they are cancelable or not? Its not the taunt that hurts after all. I’ve noticed that the taunts sometimes helps to get the opponent out of the corner hiding behind spamming fireballs (which I’ve always considered a pansy move, but I’m not gunna bust anyone’s nuggets over that). It just seems like people have always gotta complain about something. I want ultra breakers, there shouldn’t be multiple ultras, taunts shouldn’t be cancelable,wha wha wha.

There was an update yesterday. I thought everyone had it. I haven’t been following up on it such as when it’s supposed to be released. Did I receive it too early?

You know, forums can be used to complain about stuff. Don’t need to display nonconstructive behavior if you disagree.

You know I have no idea buddy. I’ve been hearing that people have been getting ahold of it, with no real reason why or how. The participants at EVO were supposed to get early access, and as far as I know some still haven’t. There was a sign up for early access, and have no idea how the lucky ones are chosen. As for the rest of the public, shadow lords goes live along with the definitive edition of KI on September 20th.

What part was non constructive?

The wha wha wha part. That was unnecessary.

I’m assuming it’s a glitch or something then. I was on it last night. I never heard anything about early access on this mode. So I was kind of surprised it was there.

Edit: ok now it’s gone.

Unnecessary? Yeah, I’d grant ya that. I wouldn’t consider it excessively harsh though. I be heard way worse.

2 Likes

Why did he get banned? I actually enjoy reading his posts–they’re kind of funny :slight_smile:

It happens to me maybe 3 times per week. I’ve been playing just about every day, but only since the PC release.

It’s all tiers, in both winning and losing situations. I don’t even see a pattern. Just random salt.

There are some taunts that were used as hits. In the case of 3rd Strike, Dudley’s Rose Toss would fit this. Outside of 3rd Strike, this is in Blazblue, UMVC3, Smash Bros, Tekken, and something else that I’m probably forgetting atm.

But this is no UMVC, or Tekken, or smash bros is it. The taunt still doesn’t hurt you.
Something I do find curious is that while the taunt does absolutely nothing as far as offense or defense is concerned, it still has it’s own category in your shadow data and post game stats

Well, I swear Rash’s taunt got my Sadira pregnant. She gets taunted by him
 And then BANG. She’s on maturnaty leave. Stupid Rash
 :joy:

I was just following up on what @WonderRed101 said. We all know that taunts don’t do anything in this game besides use a consumable in Shadow Lords.

And as to why taunts are a Shadow data category, well part of the reason is that it includes how you do your Ultras. Do you cancel them early or o you try to go for the Triple? Whatever you do, it records it as it’s own category and I guess they wanted to include actual taunts in that as well.

Cancelling taunts isn’t going away anytime soon either. SFV still has it if that says anything and has had it for years now.