Survey Says: The Return of the Textual Stream!

Same. Though I have this gut feeling that’s probably what they might be going for if they wanna make it on the level of Shago’s ult.

I’m sure we can expect some to be better than others but at the end of the day I’m sure with time they can make these as great as possible. Personally I think it’d only be a waste if they didn’t live up to what was put on the Survey.

Not really they have a thing when Shago does his ultimate everything turns black which works out. Personally I don’t mind this. Because it’s like in the original Ki when the enviorment goes dark it brings up that critical moment, just you your enemy, and the moment you won, truly highlighted. No breathing, no rapid punch and kicks you’ll likely see thousands of times in the future. Just a few strikes and one hard finisher to the final finish.

One way this can be remedied is maybe add the smokey backgrounds you see in the enders. I think that would do some good if you just don’t wanna see a solid background. They could even change the color as just a small tid-bit.

As for coding I’m not sure how they’d have to code it for the entire stage considering that it may be emitted from the character, not the stage. Maybe in the same way shadow moves are being done nowadays.

There’s just so many simple ways they can do this and I think IG/MS can do it.

Maybe, but that still leaves the issue of giving characters completely new animations and effects rather than recycling which is still something I have yet to see from IG (especially for S1 characters) no offense to the devs.

To be fair, ultimates can get just as old too. If it’s anything like MK’s fatalities (obviously without the gore and dismemberment) once you see all of them enough times, it can get tiresome too. Probably not as fast as ultras but that’s kind of inevitable they’ll be at some point.

Note: I NOT against ultimates. If they can do it, then by all means. It’s just that I’m worried about them risking so much time and resources just for the sake of another finisher that’s basically a short, cinematic ultra that people get so hyped for at first, then a few months later go right back to ultra enders. Begging the question: was it really worth it in the long run? I pray to be wrong though.

That I know but in online I have a feeling you won’t see them as much unless you’re a god at KI and can keep your first life-bar.They already got the whole thing set up with what they did with Shago:
You have to have your first life-bar (green) in order to pull it off.

Can anyone here tell me how many matches you may have won with the green lifebar? Because if you can’t keep that green health up, you won’t be able to do your Ultimate, so don’t expect to throw those out like Ultras.

Personally I don’t see that happening so you’ll see way more Ultras than Ultimates by far.
While yes the probability that they are going to appear may get old, but for me personally, I’ll take finishing my opponent in a quick 2-3 second finisher than a 7-10/10-30 long Ultra (more if added with a double Ultra)

They simply won’t be as common as Ultra Combos are already.

I don’t expect the implementing of Ultimates to be easy, but I’ll commend them for following through if they do so with that survey. I have faith that they can do it.

1 Like

True, but if they keep the same requirements as Shago where you have to still be on your green meter to activate it, likely you won’t see them all too often to wear off the spectacle.

Pretty much this. Because it’s safe to say no one here can win consistently without losing a green life bar. If anything that can make Ultimates more satisfying than Ultras.

Exactly, Ultimates are the only ender in the game that kind of takes skill so you won’t see them nearly as often.

Though with as salty as our community is they’ll probably whine because they got supremed AND an ultimate. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would hope so. But there’s still my first concern above left unanswered.

I think for Ultimates they can use a screen/camera similar the level 4 enders camera, which I happen to like/don’t understand the complains about it.

I don’t even really care so much about dramatic camera angles for ultimates, I just care about the content. How do they kill each other? That’s what important, for all I care the camera could stay stationary like an ultra.

At least it’s not as bad as sitting through a double ultra, in this case salty will always be salty.

This is something I can agree with. They’ve already done this with Shago’s.

And what concern is that? If it’s a question of whether something was worth it or not is really held up in personal value.

This one[quote=“DiagonalSpy07, post:143, topic:13108”]
Maybe, but that still leaves the issue of giving characters completely new animations and effects rather than recycling which is still something I have yet to see from IG (especially for S1 characters) no offense to the devs.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I actually just mentioned that I beleive they have the tools to pull it off. They may not have to do much. In fact I can see certain Ultimates being pulled off withut having to remake a whole new animation just an altercation of old ones.

For example: If Fulgore were able to really overload the hype-beam I mean to the point where it was so strong it would vaporize the opponent but also short circuit him. Imagine this big blast of red energy with blue sprials twisting around it. They can easily use Fulgore’s hype beam but alter it to make it look more powerful.

Cinder either toss waay more bomb than normal on you and use an inferno to make a big explosion with nothing really lest of the opponent but ashes etc.

They can use or make animations to adjust them as they need to. or make new ones. It will take some creativity. But that’s what IG/MS should be known for by this point Despite something like Mira’s design, in my opinion; they are a very creative group. They can do it. Whether they reuse existing animations of make new ones I it has potential to be awesome.

1 Like

Guess only time will tell then. Again I’m not saying you’re wrong, but I hope that I am.

The end result will be soley on opinion there will be no right or wrong here.

Unless you meant to add “not” in there than don’t worry about that

Apologies, I meant to say you’re NOT wrong. Error on my part

all good. I figured there was a typo. lol

1 Like

Maybe, but again, if Shago’s Ultimate is any indication you wouldn’t be able to move after the Ultimate either, so no teabagging either.

2 Likes

Yep that’s one upside

Just as along as they’re good I’m fine with it then.