Supposed Amazon/Gamestop images of SFV coming to XB1 2017

link

link2

These are probably extremely fake but many people were saying it was actually up but taken down soon after. I doubt this is true but would be interesting if true. I would love to see SFV come to XB1 but believe that to be highly improbable.

Thoughts?

Sounds fake to me. I can’t understand what would motivate them to do this after all the cross promotion with Sony etc. But I can see a huge motivation for trolls to fake it.

Not that hard to imagine if this were true, sales. SFV sold AFAIK well under projections by SONY/Capcom.

That’s true, but it’s tough to see why adding an Xbox port would have a big impact. It has a much lower install base than ps4 or PC.

And there would be a huge outcry from people who believed them when they said it would never be in Xbox. But we will see. I would not believe this for a second until Capcom makes a direct statement.

I’ll buy the Amazon one if it means that I get the game a year earlier…

1 Like

I don’t know…zooming into the pic 5x there is a bit of a haze around the game title, plus if you notice on the box art the shadow line at the bottom of the green kinda dips down right over Ryu’s head…which you wouldn’t think if it were a shadow it should do that.

I declare skeptical. Seems like a mock-up to me, but then again I’m not exactly a photoshop forensic scientist.

The PC install base is probably vastly overstated by things like # of Steam accounts. Solid gaming rigs are still not commonplace in the way that consoles are. If you look at the Steamspy numbers and compare them to overall reported sales then even on the more conservative numbers out there console sales of SFV outstrip PC sales by a ratio of at least 4:1. The PS4 has outsold the 'Bone by something like a 2:1 ratio, but increasing your potential consumer base by as much as 50% is nothing to turn your nose up at. The numbers argument is certainly there.

That’s not to say that an Xbox One port of SFV is something I expect to see happen – I think that’s a matter of how easily Capcom can wriggle out of Sony’s claws – but I think if it were just a matter of the money people greenlighting production, then it would probably go ahead.

1 Like

Well, what was the reason they went with Sony in the first place? For money to help develop SFV?

Yup. Sony helped out with SFV’s development on the basis that it would be a console exclusive. Or that’s what I’ve read about it. This would be a big deal if it were true because of the number of times they have stated there wouldn’t be any version of this game on the Xbox. Also, there’s the KI listing that seems very fake on Amazon, both should be quashed soon enough. Hopefully before some very uninformed people actually make a purchase.

Isn’t there a thread of this already?

About SFV possibly being on XB1 or just SFV in general? Because if you’re meaning the latter then yes there is.

I wouldn’t mind adding SFV to my X1 fighting game library if this were true, but I’m very skeptical about this.

I wouldn’t expect to see it on the X1 until it’s been out for a year or so, assuming there’s some kind of “super SFV” or another group of characters being released. And that’s still a pretty big IF.

No, like thread about the same thing. No one else caught it?