Suggestions for future stages

This, would be lovely to have a town square or some mansion on the background with it.

Need a few more lighter levels like maya’s and aganos’ level.

Gender bias much? A female could be as dope as a male vampire, it all depends on how cool the direction they take is, not the gender.

As for a stage, give me a field, and put an old country house in the background. http://www.nature-hdwallpapers.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Beautiful-Wheat-Field-HD-Wallpaper-For-Desktop.jpg

P.s. Twilight is dope #Twilightrepresent.

That background would look beautiful with a mansion in it, even without, with the setting sun, it makes for a nice color palette.
Wonder of the new lighting engine can create something like that.

It will be interesting to see how the new lighting system affects all the current stages. I would be totally OK with them adding snow weather effects to Glacius stage in a similar manner as the rain intensity changes on Thunder’s Stage.

So two things:

1. It’s not that deep. No need to bite off someone’s head over a differing opinion.
  2. Punctuation is very helpful. Near as I can tell that paragraph is one giant sentence, which makes it almost incomprehensible.

Well, that is kind of s e x i s t…

Can you point me to this official vampire lore?

I think there is indeed a playerbase that wouldnt mind a character that is a bit s e x y, we have testosteron males and creepy skeletons and rock monsters and flying blue furrballs, why not a sensual female vampire (we need morr female characters) methinks in the official vampire lore there must be something about seductive female vampires :stuck_out_tongue:

That said, She doesnt have to be like that, but females in general are the fairer s e x and more can be done with the appearance.

I dont think this is a s e x y twilight vampire, but it does speak to the imagination…if you take for example a victorion timeperiod, there is so much more you can do to make the appearance memorable with a female.

As for males, they can make them cool too, but Bram Stokers is on of the most well known versions, but that one wouldnt appeal to me at all in a fighting game, neither would the black collar/cape male vampire (too chliche).

That wasnt a very good movie…a fun 2 hours, but not a good movie…

But referencing a movie doesnt make whats in it the ‘official’ lore…
That said, would not be that surprising if females were undervalued in vampire circles…they used to be undervalued in human circles too, but even if that was their role in the ancient myths, who’s to say IG should follow it, they build their own mythology around their characters, look at Kan-ra (not your typical mummy sorceror the way mummy’s were in legend). Spinal: where in the old legends does it say a skeleton needs to be a pirate, or that Golems came from ancient Babylonia…

They dont completely take over the standard tropes. They take ideas and work it into the KI universe.

Still my favorite movie that I base werewolves, vampires and Frankenstein from they all looked so bad ■■■.

1 Like

Any modern or pop culture reference is wrong, at least according to the original folklore of vampires. And yes, this includes Bram Stoker as well, as he seemed to take more liberties with the mythos than Meyers did, at least to me. It all comes down to personal preference. These conversations are usually why I keep my interests to myself, as I don’t like my personal taste to be disdainfully ridiculed. I still am not ashamed, and feel the need to represent and stand up for what I like on occasion.
Educate yourselves. http://bylightunseen.net/

If a new vampire character is to be in then I’d hope it isn’t female. Sadira pretty much covers that idea. If it HAS to be female I’d hope she visually looks nothing like Sadira, but instead something more monstrous. Overall a male vampire character is more fitting with the trope of “dracula” which is a male image.

1 Like

I’d love to see the sky stage return as a bonus stage, similar to the classic KI games.

One other thing that could be cool would be an ‘arena’-esque stage where it’s more of an wrestling/boxing ring, which could be similar to other wrestling/boxing rings, such as the NMO arena from Skullgirls, the Boxing Ring from Smash Bros. 4, and the JEO Arena stage from Divekick. It could belong to a ‘Wrestler’ character, or may be an alt for TJ, or could even be a stand-alone stage (similar to KI2’s Skull Dock and KI1’s street stage/ice statue stage)

Maybe it could even be modified to advertise current tournaments (such as EVO, Combo Breaker, Killer Instinct World Cup and Top 32), or advertise the characters fighting (similar to Smash 4’s boxing ring).

Everyone talking about whether a male or female vampire would work. I don’t really mind as long as the character is as flamboyant as season 1 characters or even Kan Ra in terms of design. I don’t want to see a stale looking Vampire ala some Season 2 characters TJ and Maya. Whatever gender they choose I just hope his design isn’t boring and like Jago, Spinal, and Kan Ra, has a ton of small details that paints a picture of his character.

This just goes to show its all just a matter of personal preference.
I think Jago is boring as hell looking, orchid doesnt look interesting either.

But I think Maya looks cool and especially together with her stage it just really all fits, and while TJ’s basic look isnt that interesting his alternatives and retro’s are some of the best in the game.

I agree with you on Spinal and Kan-ra though.

2 Likes

I have to disagree to a degree to me Maya looks way more interesting than both Jago and Kan-Ra.

TJ’s alt accessories are pretty much the best in the game. But basic TJ is the worst.