Suggested Improvements to the Music Select Screen

This question (and then the subsequent post) made me believe you were asking if it was intentional to even allow P2 to select music as though it would overwrite what the first player chose. Clearly that’s not what you were asking, as it seems your concern is the fact that you have a limited window as P2 in which to select the music you want to hear, and it’s randomly dictated by how fast Player 1 selects the stage.

I agree that sometimes it is too short a time frame if P1 simply selects “Random” as soon as the Stage Select screen is up. I don’t think we need to limit music selection to P1 only, but maybe the timer should be adjusted so that P2 has to confirm their personal music selection the same way P1 selects a stage; the timer continues to run down unless P1 has selected a stage and P2 has confirmed their own music.

This means that both players must confirm something on the same screen, and could simply be done by pressing A if you don’t care to change from the Random stage selection as P1 or the last music selection you used as P2.

I was actually asking exactly that, but my problem wasn’t the “overwrite” aspect. I like that P2 can select a song but it seems an oversight to me that he can’t do so consistently and is basically tied to whatever time P1 takes to select a stage. To me the game should either implement your suggestion (the game waits for both selections before continuing) or not allow P2 to select a song at all - having the option for P2 to select a song but then having to hope P1 even takes the time to select a stage seems sloppy.

When did they add Random Music select? I never noticed this until just now!!! COOL! Now I just wished there was more time to pick music online when you are player 2!!!

I still Want a per Stage defining option. Everything else is just too much of a hassle

I’m going to bump this thread up, the OP suggestions are really good, and at least, putting the list of themes in alphabetical order doesn’t seem like a hell of task.

IMO it should be done ideally like the character screen, split it in 3 sections, but I understand it’s not a priority.

1 Like

Simple solution guys- ‘Play Opponent’s Theme’

Taken straight from Capcom’s games. Gives you access to all music at regular intervals and should be easy to implement.

Now that the roster is final a optionmenue where i can define specific tracks per stage without having to choose them manually would be a pretty good addition imo

I would like to suggest a stage for Mira’s music. Now I am not able to select her stage. Same problem for Rash, who has an awesome theme.