Studio Ghibli Thread

Just like the title of this thread says, post anything Studio Ghibli as well as anything that is Studio Ghibli-related/related to Studio Ghibli :smile:

Here are the first questions now to start off this thread: Are there any Studio Ghibli fans on the forums? Are there any fans of the famous and well-known Japanese animation production studio Studio Ghibli?

In my case I am gradually becoming a rather big fan of Studio Ghibli as I have seen a number of their critically-acclaimed animated films and I enjoyed watching each one of them too :grin: :sunglasses:

1 Like

@oDragonSpirit

2 Likes

Grave of the Fireflies

• interesting take on war … or rather the aftermath of war where there’s no glory (post-WW2, Japan). A young man’s mother dies during a bomb raid in Japan, and waiting for his soldier father to return from war after the Japanese surrender in WW2 … and waiting … and waiting … all the while having to take care of his little sister.

Spirited Away

• don’t really know what this is about other than a kinda Alice in Wonderland story. Girl finds herself in a strange place with bizarre creatures.

Pom Poko

• as gamers, you see these weird things come out of Japan … like Tanuki. Shape-shifting Racoons with a leaf. A movie about Tanuki’s

My Neighbour Totoro

• maybe one of Studio Ghibli’s best known movies. 2 girls and a dad move to a new farm, and the 2 girls discovered furry creatures that adults can’t see
2 Likes

Yahoo: Spirited Away to become stage play, hopefully without losing any monsters who vomit gross slime.

There are tons of blender tutorials on his style

1 Like