Can someone explain this to me ?
Now I’m pretty ■■■■■■■ sure Meaty Throws are not a threat simply because of Everybody’s Favourite Exploit… OPTION SELECTS. Throw Teching During Blockstun essentially makes you unthrowable in literally every single situation including back during The Fun Times of Season 1 Throw Loops.
Thats why The Shimmy exists… nobody actually wants to shimmy… They would much prefer if either The Hit Confirm works or the throw works… but since both can by stopped with The Delayed Throw Tech OS… you’re left with no choice… even the slow walking Bison has to Shimmy every now and then.
So whats so powerful about Someone trying to throw you on wake up ?
Speaking of Which… I actually came up with a Semi Practical method of Learning how to Throw Tech OS… ayt so here it is.
- Head to Training Mode.
- Pick a Stage, Any stage you want… go nuts !!!
- Pick your character and then for your opponent Pick Sakura (yes it has to be Sakura specifically)
Open the Recording options and record Sakura to perform:
- Forward Dash and then Immediately low hit confirm (Crouch Light Kick, Crouching Light Punch, EX Shouken)
- Forward Dash and Throw Immediately.
- Once thats done simply go to playback options and turn on both recordings, The CPU will automatically randomize the Playback if you enable both… also make sure to turn off playback info.
Now… heres where ■■■■ gets real:
- Stand at a distance where Sakura’s forward dash can reach you.
- Crouch block.
- When Sakura Dashes forward, Wait one second and then press then the throw buttons… yep… that simple.
Heres how you Evaluate The Results:
- If you get thrown that means you throw teched too late.
- If Sakura Techs your Throw or She gets Thrown out right, that means you Throw Teched so early that she never got her chance to do her thing. (And thats bad… I still need to find a way to blow these up.)
- If you manage to successfully tech Sakura’s throw then hooray !!! But you’re not quite done yet…
- If Sakura manages to low hit hit confirm you then that means you Throw Teched only slightly too early… thats why you need to have The Low Hit Confirm… to catch out those tiny Timing Errors.
- If you manage to Successfully block The Low Hit Confirm and Tech The Throw multiple times in Row consistently… then Congratulations. You’re a Delayed Throw Tech OS Master !!!
BEYOND THE BASICS
You maybe a throw tech master but thats only one tool in your tool box… you might need to expand on it… and this is why I had you choose Sakura as your Tutor.
So Throw Baiting and Shimmy’s are a thing. While Throw Baits are a true mix up for some characters (Guile, Ibuki, Akuma, Chun-Li & VT2 Falke) for some other characters (Ken, Sakura, Blanka & Abigail) they have to get Alil more Creative with throw baits… and maybe they are true mix ups maybe they’re not… either way Sakura’s going to help us deal with them…
So… Pop open The Dummy Recording again anf Record Sakura performing:
- Forward Dash into immediate Neutral Jump Hard Kick, Crouching Hard Punch, Medium Tatsu, Crouching Light Punch, EX Shouken.
- Forward Dash into Immediate Back Dash into Immediate Standing Light Kick then EX Shouken.
Its very important to get these recording right… Sakura probably has The Highest Priority on her Jumping Hard Kick along side Ken, Vega and Blanka… so when you do it make sure it hits the opponent super early… you want to press Hard Kick as soon as Sakura’s Jump levels out (Yes… its really That Good). Many people say its a legit throw bait.
Her Standing Light Kick is probably The Best Punish Normal in the Game… nothing else from any other character goes that far That fast… so she gets a Shimmy 2.0 (Its like a regular shimmy except its done by dashing instead of Walking, Ryu players do it alot). She probably has the best Shimmy 2.0 just because of That Button.
So… simply enable all 4 recordings… and try to keep teching throws like before… only for the new options you aren’t really suppose to be able to defend against them… Sure if Sakura tries to throw bait then you should be ready to anti-air or at the very least be able to stand up and block… and you might get lucky and block her Shimmy attempt so be ready for The Punish… that being said… if you manage to successfully counter both these options then either you’re a Reaction God or your Throw Tech OS timing might be alil off… really the purpose of the two extra drills is
To help build your mental fortitude so you don’t panick if you get hit by these setup ups.
Ayt so I’ve had two days with Kolin… my early assessment is shes extremely difficult to play… Theres pretty much no way to actually Drop some Ice Balls in Neutral. like eveb at Full Screen she can’t really capatilize on them and any closer and they can jump in on her and stuff it… its actually more viable to get an ice ball up close and even on block despite it being super unsafe.
Her Command dash… its okay… the problem with Kolin is shes not only has Stubby Normals like every other character thats not Top 5… but shes got super Stubby Air Normals too… Particularly her Jump Fierce… and the reason they’re so stubby is because Capcom wants you to use her command dash to increase the consistency of your combos…
That being said, unlike her Ice Balls, Her Command Dash actually can be used in Neutral… with alil caution obviously…
As far as I can tell… her Ice Balls hold lock down the opponent for 30 Frames both on it and on block… meaning any situation where you can combo from it on hit you can also get plus frames on block… There are even true block strings if the Ice Ball hits just right…
I haven’t made use of the Counters all that. Much yet… they’re pretty straight… Super Fast, Nice Damage and Strong Oki. No trick to it… its good… it works.
Her Standing Light Kick really ■■■■■■ me off… Not because I think its bad… its actually pretty ■■■■ good… But you can’t combo Ice Ball from it… its the only thing stopping it from being great.
Another thing that ■■■■■■ me off is her Over head… I don’t like it… I don’t want it… I wish there was a way to disable this move.
Kolin seems like its very difficult to get her to the Corner… she can back up and if she finds her self running out of real estate she can just hop to the other side using a make shift ice platform… on top of that shes got one of those evasive side switches… and one side switch combo that requires two bars of super to do… however… once she is cornered… its extremely difficult to escape… she’s definitely no Rashid or Akuma.
Anti-Airs are Garbage… sometimes I don’t even bother… need to find some other way of dealing with jump ins.
So I know V-Trigger 2 is the Go Trigger for Kolin but V-Trigger 1 is surprisingly not a total piece if ■■■■… infact I’m confident in saying you can still genuinely contemplate using it…
Speaking of Which… Kolin probably has the best True Block String in VT1… and I just found out the hard way that Guts Scaling also affects Chip/Grey Damage… so the chip kill set is not as strong as I thought it was… still though if some Grey Health is already built up then theres no reason not to go for it.
Shout outs to Kolin & Menat for Banning every single Stage with a Blue Sky… lol… seriously though, Capcom doesn’t know how to design their characters snd stages… Necalli, Birdie, Juri & Falke managed to Ban Kanzuki Beach…
The Airplane Stage managed get banned all by itself on day one.