Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

Balrog is flashy, I just think it make sense for Ed to be a little fancy too. imo

forgot that part of the joke

1 Like

One can do NOTHING with those gloves. Look at the wonky thumb sew details :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

so the ed reveal trailer just came out. like before when he leaked i reaally hoped they stuck with the scrawny kid with hoody motif. made him fight with a boxing style emphasizing speed gymnastics and the special psycho powers. helooks weirdā€¦even if you factor in the increased ageing bison bodies seem to go through he looks like the polar opposite of his story mode self. his default costume sucks and i hope he gets back his hoody but GODDAMN his gameplay looks cool and flashy.

SNK Terry power dunks. psychic slams and stuff with what im now calling ā€œpsycho stringsā€. all around pretty cool. just seems like a waste that its hindered by the weirdest body design choices

3 Likes

I just watched itā€¦ehhhā€¦ he moves look fast and cool, but I dont like his ā€œlookā€

it sucks because i just noticed his costumes in the trailer. the hoody one actually looks cool as i expected and way better. in fact its the same white hoody as the story mode. i have no idea why capom decided that a bison body trapped and intended to be used for spare parts, saved by balrog would EVER want to dress up like some sort of Bison soldier.

at least his default isnt that bison jacket and hat with the open bare chestā€¦*shudders

some other women and men would enjoy that but i def. wont lol

After watching his trailer, i will certainly say he looks interesting to play as. I dont really wanna say fun though because i look and see Dudley-esque movements, maybe even TJ Combo. Or might be the KI homer in me.

Itā€™d be interesting if his meta broke up the top characters to the game. Like if heā€™s now your answer to a Balrog/Laura matchup.

I will say i think his outfit that was shown would be a cool alt to Balrog.

I love his Psycho Power moves, but I am so not feeling his boxer fighting style. It makes sense, considering he hangs around Balrog, but I was really hoping Capcom wouldnā€™t just make him another boxer. And his CA is just so incredibly boringā€¦

And I am still so not feeling that look. Here are the other costumes:

https://cdn.capcom-unity.com/capcom-unity.com/user/harrisony/street_fighter/ed/large/4df569452359ae4ea13cb571db3b10fa.jpg?v=202200
http://images.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/harrisony/street_fighter/ed/86c6af4e9261528f993606d517aed5e9.jpg?v=202200

A bit of fanservice and his story costume. Not loving the Battle Costume, even with the exposed torso, so I guess Iā€™ll use the Story costume.

WOW HES SO FLASHY.

Iā€™d play him. Seems like my type of character!

Just donā€™t like his look.

And I agree with Incubus. It would have been cool to use his Psycho power in a different way than just in a beefed up boxer style, but hey.

Looks like heā€™s a ton of fun, just donā€™t like his look (itā€™s not bad, but I liked the hoodie type look more. Oh well.)

Heā€™s got Decapreā€™s U1 and Burn Knuckle from C.Viper. Boxing style is a bit dull and played out, but who knows.

Whatā€™s got me worried is this: ā€œWhat makes Ed especially unique is how players perform his special moves. His special moves have simple inputs; they only require simultaneous button presses, repeatedly pressing a button, or holding down a button. Only Edā€™s Critical Art is done by inputting a traditional motion.ā€

Ohā€¦

So Iā€™m guessing that people could hypothetically mash and do cool stuff? Manā€¦ lol

Reminder that even party game Smash Bros has actual qcfā€™s and dp inputs.

to be fair those are a nod and refrence to ryu and street fighters but this is certaintly a style shift concerning a sf charecter. i wonder if it will affect his playstyle

7 Likes

To be fair, I think itā€™s just Ryu that has the QCFā€™s and DP Motion, but yes, I get the point.

Thatā€™s an extremely disingenuous claim.

I donā€™t find anything great about contorted controller motions as a gateway to playing a fighting game. But this does beg the question of how you balance a character when all their moves are substantially easier to execute than every other character in the game.

This seems like the kind of thing they should be testing internally as the control scheme for a new game. Not randomly dropping in the middle of Season 2 of SFV - a game that has already completely abandoned and been abandoned by the casual gamer. Just (another) really baffling choice by Capcom.

1 Like

Gameplay looks cool (and Iā€™m not one of those people who thinks standard FG controls are sacred). Character design itself is pretty ā– ā– ā–  - original slim guy with a hoodie design was way cooler. Every SF character is like the exact same person with different clothes and hairstyle. :slight_frown:

1 Like

Why I canā€™t stop thinking about Ed from Ed Edd n Eddy when I see that nameā€¦