Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

They were going to go with Ted but…

2 Likes

Wouldn’t have been any better. XD

My guess is it’s just a misunderstanding of English culture… something akin to how English-speaking people would likely look at a Japanese name like Riku, or Ren, or Hayato, and they would think it sounds badass even though they may be the Japanese equivalent of Bob, Larry, or…well…Ed.

So this wallpaper of Ed leaked…

What the actual BLEEP?!

First of all, I’m disappointed they beefed him up and didn’t keep him as the teenage punk he was in Story Mode. Capcom really doesn’t know other male body varieties than buff, more buff and fat jokes…

Second… what the BLEEP is he wearing?! He looks like an “evil” emo girlscout! I hope his alternate outfits are WAY better.

Third, those gloves are ugly as BLEEP

Capcom… I am disappointed…

Hopefully he will have some awesome Psycho Power moves, including telekinesis and such.

Well… I do have one comfort… he indeed looks gay. Still Balrog’s boyfriend, indeed. :heart:

1 Like
1 Like

Man SFV just keeps getting worse and worse. Im surprised ppl are sticking with SF and jumpin on the SF bandwagon. Everytime I give it another chance I leave more disappointed than when I returned.

1 Like

Another blonde…oh joy…:expressionless:

1 Like

Me also. This honestly ticks me off pretty hard. Excluding Birdie and maybe F.A.N.G, literally every single playable male character in that game is buff as heck. Some variety would be nice. And I’m not really a fan of his outfit, as I preferred Ed’s hooded version. I bet it’ll be an overpriced alternate costume.

And perhaps they should add a buff female character as well? How often do you see those in fighting games?

1 Like

Well, in the moment they showed Mika, it was very clear that human proportions were not a goal when designing characters.

1 Like

Cool characters can have the name Ed.

5 Likes

It was clear since SF II.

I don’t get all the hate?

The way Ed looks now explains a lot and what could be happening in the future of Street Fighter

Firstly it was already apparent that he Rapidly ages so I prefer him a young man than a skinny kid to be honest since even other kids in street fighter are STUPIDLY BUFF for kids (Yun and Yang)

From his cap and it logo it seems he is part of or the leader of the next Shadaloo (his emblem on his cap is different to bison)

His gloves look similar to Able’s so he might be an Able/Bison hybrid also because him and Able are just spare Bison bodies but looks like he has a cody attitude…I like that

Despite the character storys being shambles I am really interested in his to see how he goes from Balrogs side kick to potentially the ‘Next Bison’…Maybe Bison is already taken transferred himself into to Ed??

He does look like one of Bison’s navy men but to be honest…does anyone in street fighter dress sensibly ESPECIALLY VILLAINS?? :joy:

No doubt about it. But the name Ed isn’t cool-sounding, imo. That’s the difference.

First if all, let me get this clear… It’s the design I hate. Not the character.

Second, In the timeframe SFV is happening, Ed was still looking like a teen punk. Now he’s suddenly grown up and buff. If he had kept his teen look, he would have been unique from the rest of the roster, as most of it is already dominated with buff guys. It’s starting to get boring, and even with Ed’s enhanced growth, this alteration is happening in the SAME GAME is just too much, imo. At least Kolin’s model was just polished to look prettier, they didn’t alter her appearance completely.

And that outfit… there’s nothing about it I like. I don’t think it looks cool one bit. He seriously looks like Magic Mike dressed up in Britney Spears’ Toxic outfit. And those ugly gloves… I would absolutely hate if he was another MMA grappler or boxer type of character. I had hoped he would be more focused on his Psycho Power which has the potential to be utilized in a more unique and different way than Bison uses it. He’s already shown he can use it as telekinesis, and I hope we see more of that in his gameplay.

I don’t want him to be a second Abel, I don’t want him to be a second Balrog, I don’t want him to be a second Bison, I don’t want him to be a second Cody… I want him to be his OWN character, with his own special moves, his own style, and he had that in Story Mode, being a teen punk with telekinetic Psycho Powers… now he just looks like he’s taken styles from several other characters.

He’s like a Sonic OC… Just a recoloured Sonic with a hat on.

You assume that I like the way he looks?

I don’t mind it that much (I prefer his kid look from a visual stand point)…BUT from a story stand point and what it means is far more interesting to me, This version of Ed opens up far more about the character than his teen self…The teen was just a spare body who balrog took under his wing and can use Psycho power…This Ed shows how he may have taken up the role of leader for the next Shadaloo incarnation (like with seth…just better) and adopted an actual fighting style…

He can use psycho power, but as a kid very, very little amounts, with his adult body he can use a lot more and be an actual threat…How can a kid with no fighting background who can use a tiny potion of psycho power work as a fighter? At least the older one has clearly adopted a fighting style coupled with psycho power…HECK M.Bison himself (the primary and most deadly psycho power user) still has a martial arts background…Psycho power users cant even utilize it’s full capacity it would kill them.

Other kids like Yun, Yang, Ibuki, Makoto etc. (who are all probably older than teen ed) at least know how to fight, with ed’s limited psycho power usage he would be Sean tier as a teen in a 1v1 battle…I can understand why people prefer teen Ed…it just makes more sense as an adult

16 Likes

… Where did I say that?

“Doctors hate him”

6 Likes

Ed needs to lay off of Captain America’s super serum. I mean next he’ll be exposing himself to gamma radiation, and you know what that’ll do to him…

…it’ll give him cancer, and nobody needs that.

3 Likes

I wish he was wearing this

1 Like

That’s… a bit random. But a nice look, very fashionable. Is it because of the hoodie, or…?