Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

After waiting a day, pretty much my thought is that SFV loves its grapplers because Alex and Zangief sound pretty good on paper now.

I can see how it’d annoy competitive players in the sense that some characters are doing big changes midway through a +$300,000 tournament season. In that regard, players on both games i can agree with. Course for me as a spectator? Hell, yeah, bring it on. I wanna see Dhalsim and F. Champ/Gllty, Zangief and Itabashi/Snake Eyez and so on take tournaments. Character variety works wonders, as KIWC showed.

Speaking of ‘on paper,’ this is weird for them to get patch notes THIS early before it drops…

It is weird. Two months and some of the changes are literally 1 frame…

I think the grapplers look loved because thy have been really abused prior to this patch.

I have zero sympathy for players complaining about the changes, just like I have zero sympathy for KI players when this game gets patched. It’s just interesting to see if the proportionate response from competetive players is the same with SFV.

1 Like

Grappler fighter 5

Mika was Amazing in season 1 (and is pretty good still)
Gief is getting more buffs and moves
Laura is considered top 5 at the moment
Alex is getting better

Season 3 should be F.A.N.G fighter 5

I’m just gonna leave this here…

1 Like

That is pretty awesome. He needs to replace R.Mika with Mira’s voice next.

1 Like

I posted some new colors for MBison earlier today if anyone is interested:

1 Like

Starting playing SF5 for the very first time today cause of the beta going on on steam. Never played SF enough to know what the heck is going on but my experience from KI has helped me a lot in terms of the actual fight. Tbh I never got into these games because I enjoyed the craziness mvc3 offered. However, I actually like this game right now. Something new and fresh and lately KI has been a little boring for me.

I picked up Korin because I thought her trailer looked pretty cool and so far I really like her. I like the set ups she can create from the ice and her mobility skills. (Much like Mira, go figure lol). I know Korin is the latest fighter but how does she compare from the rest? Mu wise? Even if she is considered “low tier” I’m still keeping her she’s fun. Also if I were to actually purchase this game, what would be the best bundle to buy?

There is no bundle to buy… you buy the main game, and the season passe separate or you can get the Deluxe edition which includes the 1st season pass…Im pretty sure the season 2 pass isnt included but I could be wrong (which Kolin is S2)

The micro transactions are a rip off. About 30% of them you can buy with in game Fight money…but the other 70% are real money only. And most of those are the best costumes, ect…

Kolin to me… is mid teir… she is a little technical to play becasue of her moves that a … different. … but I like her. I dont play SFV too often… but Ive played enough to know your top tier is Chun Li, Mika, Nash, Cammy, Karin… then maybe Ken, Laura, Ryu, Guile, Balrog, Necali.

You may want to try Karin, Rashid and Cammy since you like Mira… maybe Vega

With the Fight money you can get the entire season 1 (that’s what i did) it is possible and even easier now
.Trials (5000 per character)
.Demonstrations (around 50-100)
.Character storys (128000 for the first 16)
.Survival easy + Medium (7000 per character)
.Weekly fight money (generally 6600)
.General story mode (30000 on easy, 50000 on hard)
.Winning online (50 per win)
.Leveling up = 1000 fm

btw Chun-li, Nash and Mika are not top tier any more since season 2

The tier list generally right now is (just what most say)

.Top: Urien, Guile, Cammy, Balrog (boxer), Laura
.High: Karin, Rashid, Necalli, ibuki, Akuma, Bison (Dictator), R.Mika, Zangief
.Mid: Dhalsim, Ken, Kolin, Chun-li, Birdie
.Low: Vega (Claw), Juri, Ryu, Nash, Alex
.Bottom: F.A.N.G

Hasn’t that changed in season 2? I hear Mika is garbage and Urien, Balrog, Laura are top 3.

I dont really know or care if someones list has changed…I know from what Ive seen with my own eyes and played against. Its not that serious. The guy is asking about other characters and people opinions…if he wants the specific bogus tier list then he can look it up right?

You cant tell me that Mika and Cammy are now garbage… no way. Maybe for the top 10 players in the world it matters but it doesnt matter on a casual level trying to play for fun.

Eh, if someone’s asking about top tiers and someone throws out a list with serious misses, then yeah, I’d say it’s worth it for someone else to come in and try to provide a more accurate or consensus list.

Nash, Mika, and Chun aren’t near the top anymore. Chun got significant nerfs, Mika isn’t nearly as potent mid-screen anymore, and Nash lost some good stuff (and probably settled lower on the list even in S1).

The upper portions of @VagabondGunmen’s list looks about right to me @MHXadiranXV. Urien, Guile, Laura, Cammy, and Balrog are very strong right now, and you could probably argue that Ibuki is a top 5 (some are saying top 1) as well. The top 5/10 can be somewhat fluid, but everyone he’s got up there is very good right now.

Mika isn’t garbage though - she’s still death in the corner. It’s just now she doesn’t get a “corner” setup on you any time she lands Irish whip.

Thanks all for the replies, but I was actually talking more about how Korin fares against the cast. You know, like who are her bad mus and the like. I try my best not to get carried away with any tier charts on a new game. I liked what Korin offered so I’m sticking with her, and maybe try Ibuki too cause lately i’ve been playing all sorts of ninja class types across the mmos I like to play lol.

After this beta ends im not sure what my verdict will be. I like to try something new but to balance SF5 and KI without losing my focus on KI sounds hard haha

1 Like

Try this link…Kolins bad match ups

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/895976-street-fighter-v/75053460

So… when’s Balrog getting nerfed?

Eh he is going down from 1025hp (or 1050hp) to 1000hp…this is pretty much nothing and he will still be insane so not any time soon for real adjustments man :sob:

1 Like

What a shame, he gets away with too much 3-frame medium strings. He can also have safe specials with a slight distance. Don’t think he needs health corrections opposed to frame adjustments.

1 Like

Agreed

It seems with the upcoming patches, Capcom forgot to adjust certain “Stronger” characters

Yeah Urien and Guile got a much needed adjustment…But Laura and Balrog got nothing and Cammy got a buff? why? :sweat:

1 Like

Can I just have Goutetsu please? He’s like the only reason I’m collecting FM

So rumors that Ed may be the 3rd character may be enticing.
I haven’t started SFV since the awesome storm stage addition.

WhT do you guys think? I also did not Download akuma / kolin but ed might be

Also EVEN MORE costumes are planned for some of the characters sigh

2 Likes