Stream before trailer, takes the hype away from trailer?

I miss those streams :frowning:

But yeah not many people complained about the schedule back then but now it’s suddenly a problem? :3

3 Likes

Well then I stand corrected. Was Aganos the only one? Who else in S2 got this treatment?

P.S. Even though you bitchslapped me with proof, the other stuff in my post still stands.

1 Like

They switched to stream before trailer half way through season two because funnily enough it’s what the community wanted. People said they wanted to see characters earlier in progress so they could provide feedback sooner. One of the results of this was the Omen mask change.

1 Like

Didn’t mean it like that… I was just trying to help…

http://www.excusememe.com/pics/imagebase/5127.gif

4 Likes

What did Omen’s original mask look like?

Interesting. I wasn’t aware of that. It makes sense though, it’s a classic case of people not knowing what they want. From a marketing perspective though, that approach is nonsensical.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzHxYrzDTkfNfQbLiEUfkE-Bc1uJubiPyr5yesbnY0oD56gBaW

Link is stupid but there you go.

1 Like

The trailers are to help sell the character/game, and nothing more. I am note saying they are not great, because they are. 90% or more of us already own the game, so we hold no real value, until they make something that is not included with what we purchased. I am not saying we have no value, but not as much as someone who is looking to buy KI.

1 Like

Amen

but the games awesome so its NOT EVERYTHING!

but as u said just an observation.

LOL i love you Adam! :yum: and this reply!!!

BUT come on now… when did you not learn that…WE JUST WANT EVERYTHING lolz

18 years of waiting or whatever made us hungry honey badgers (looks them up on YouTube)!

We want the trailer, the dollys, the pins, the poster, socks, sticker book, we want the novel, the film, the cartoon, we want teasers, the ki purple eye shadow and nail varnish, The cup and note pad ETC looool

i hear what you say…

the BAD thing is we want everything
the GOOD thing is we always buy everything!

:dollar::dollar::dollar:

1 Like

Same but with a Wooden color. I actually liked it better.

MANDRILL! lol :grin:

its about consistency. Simple.

Teasers ALWAYS came with the previous trailer witch would have been a month before (if you publish date is right), followed by a Textual stream, a blurry retro leg, a trailer mid month, a live stream and release.

writing it all out SOUNDS allot. i dont blame IG or MS for wanting to cut some of that back.

But saying that i can still see the difference in approach from S2 to S3 and because i can see the change i think naturally we have to be sensitive to people who its made feel that they arnt getting what they enjoyed previously, no one likes change but all concerns and comments here come from good hearts and BIG fans.

you know this.:unicorn: there is no mandrill so ive added a unicorn instead lol

2 Likes

THERE IT IS- I’m sorry.

I’m probably not the only KI hard core fan who does this but, while I care about consistency, I will accept almost anything they throw at us. Some of which I don’t agree with (Hisako, Guest Characters, Mira) But doesn’t mean I don’t accept it. WHY you may ask?

I’ve put 100% of my trust in MS & IG that they will deliver to my standards which are not as high as I would’ve thought.

Call me sheep or a fanboy… Whatever you want. I will continue trust MS & IG.

And it changed from season 2. So like Aria says… We need to adapt & evolve to that change.

110% True. But I feel people are blowing things out of proportions… Story for another day.

1 Like

For EVERYONE ON THE FORUM!

DON’T HAVE THIS MINDSET!

Pls.

1 Like

Nah, I like to call you Mandrill! :slight_smile:

1 Like

1 Like

You’re dead to me.

8 Likes

hahaahahaha, yep this is blasphemy!

Very true on both counts. We should respect everyone’s opinions, even if we don’t agree with them 100% all the time, as we’re all coming from the same place essentially. In my frustration, I made a joke in another thread that was honestly meant in good humor (I swear!), but I see why it upset some people, yourself included. Apologies for my part in that mess.

I personally don’t mind that they change up the way they do these types of things sometimes, as it kind of adds to a “what will they give us next?” feeling that I get and that in and of itself tends to hype me up. What will it be this month? How will we get information and when? Definitely didn’t see the novella approach coming, and that was an awesome surprise.

But there are others who prefer a more consistent order of things and when that order is thrown off, I can see why it might not suit them, and I realize now that it’s not simply an issue of being more adaptable.

If you like something and you get something that you think is worse, even if it’s just the way they’re doing something, like a process of content delivery, then I can see why that might bug people to the point where they’d want to speak up about it.

2 Likes

I kinda agree, I would like the trailer to come out just befor the tender moments aaand I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE TEASER for the next character at the end of each tender moments stream… THAT WOULD BE HYPE