Star Wars VII: The Force Awakens

Anyone else superbly hyped for Star Wars returning to the big screen? I’m personally excited to see how it’ll play out, especially this new sith lord, Kylo Ren

2 Likes

Did you know the movie is anti white?

Lol Anti White?

1 Like

theres a really dumb boycott on the movie because its allegedly “anti white” which makes no sense

1 Like

its funny when all the storm troopers are “white”.

1 Like

I’m not going to get into the topic of racism, as it’s off-topic and pointless. However, what I will say is that the latest SW:TFA trailer that they released this past week - it’s off the charts awesome! :chart_with_upwards_trend:

1 Like

Also Han Solo, Chewbacca, and Leia Organa Solo as well as (hopefully and by any chance) Luke Skywalker returning for Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens :sunglasses: :smile: :wink: :relaxed:

May the Force be with you AND be with us, always :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah especially since one of the other main Star Wars characters specifically Lando Calrissian happens to be black and overall the first black character in the original Star Wars films :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m really looking forward to it! It’s looking pretty good!

1 Like

Yeah I don’t want to bash George Lucas, as I actually enjoyed the prequels to varying extents. But the previews I’ve seen of Episode VII look flat out amazing in ways that the prequels never came close to.

Mind you, I say that not just because it really looks like Star Wars and not just because it has characters that we know and love returning, but because it actually looks like a phenomenally fun movie that could potentially tap in to my childhood in ways that go beyond mere nostalgia.

Of course, I’m not going in to it thinking that it’ll be the greatest thing ever. I just think that, based on the trailers, it has the potential to be a great movie. Will that turn out to be the case? Who knows. I wound up loving the other movie that I was really hyped to see this year (Crimson Peak) so hopefully this one turns out well too!

Oh and as for the “anti-white” or “anti-male” agenda, I just have to say that I find it very strange that a movie can cast a character that’s one race and can somehow be considered “anti” another race when there are still a ton of people of that race in the movie.

It’s just a little sad to me, as sci-fi has so many fans of all genders, ethnicities and sexual orientations. The appeal of the genre has grown over the years, not just in terms of who consume it’s books, movies, etc, but in those that write it as well. So while no one’s advocating for any type of racial or gender quota, why can’t the content represent the audience a little better if the writer so chooses without people that tend to get the most represented complaining that they’re getting a tiny bit less?

1 Like

Some people are dumb - I wouldn’t worry about it…

1 Like

True. I’m sure it’s a loud, vocal minority that’s only getting any attention at all due to how absurd their stance appears when taken at face value. I only even mention it because I feel like I’ve seen these types of issues with the sci-fi community a bit lately.

Wired Article

I saw this article a few months back on some of these issues as it related to the Hugo Awards. Not going to make any judgments on accuracy or the pervasiveness of the problems, as I honestly don’t know enough about either to fully judge. Just thought it was interesting.