Sry if this was asked already but... is there a Statement about Season 4 or when Seson 3 ends?

as title says : i looked across the forum and googled it but i never found an official statement about when KI will be “complete”…
I mean at least every Character should have an Ultimate, a stage and characters like S.Jago or Omen should have a variety of accesoires like all other chars so we have the same “chore mechanics” and charcter decisions for all chars availible at the moment. is there something i overlooked because i never found some information on that?

No statement other than if we want more KI and we keep playing/buying they’ll keep giving us KI.

Fingers crossed for a season 4 personally.

4 Likes

You know as much as we do at this time. There is no confirmation or denial of a season 4. Odds are if anything big is to be announced, they’ll probably be saving it for E3.

ok thx 4 the information. not trying to sound “rude” but its kinda dumb to realease a game for a ridicoulus price ( if u count what season 1 users have paid over the years to have all characters etc) and at the same time having some characters have an ultimate and others who dont… i mean c’mon there should be the guy in KI team who said : u know what? if we bring back Ultimates lets make one for ALL existing characters and then release them all togehther so this is going to be understandable and balanced and by all means IF we bring out some mixed characters like shago lets give him at LEAST some accesoires so the community dont ragequit because the lvl him all the way up to 50, just to get some new colors.

if you count what the got for every single player who purchased KI since season 1 + micro purchases, u imagine the could have done at least the basics so every char is equal… im not trying to sound like “that guy” whos ranting over a fun and well made game, but if u look at injustice 2 or MKX this is just poor… take MK f.example : the released new characters, they also have micros and stuff BUT at least every char had a fatality from the start because its a chore mechanic. THIS is what players rant about and this is also why many gamers nowadays rage against companies with their 5$ loot-box Sh*t. If you offer a game for full price and above pls let us have at least the same mechanics and possibilities for every char and dont sell it to us piece by piece…

good old days back when i owned a N64 and EVERY game had all of its content right from the start :smiley:

While that’s understandable the upside to how the seasons were done was that you ended up coming back for more, and the thing about the game is, if you boguht the definitive edition, you could have everything the game had to offer.

Now while it was silly that the Ultra edition wfor each one was 40 bucks, I do not regret it because as far as I was concerned, I was supporting a fighting game I loved.

It is what it is. Everything costs money and somebody has to pay for it. NRS deals with this with MKX and Injustice by hyping the game and filling it with content so that they sell 4 million copies in lunch day. They still sell you a season pass and additional content. My preorder if injustice 2 was $99. If you bought all three seasons if KI in the combo breaker pack at $20 a pieceand then each additional character (Shago, Kilgore, Shinsako) you are at $85.

It’s super easy to just say “this game should have more content.” But that doesn’t make content appear by magic for free. If you are tired of the monetization model you can always not buy stuff. But as much as gamers complain, this model is working for developers - and working much better than the old model. So we are going to see more, not less of it.

There’s really no way this game would have ever been able to have close to the amount of content it has today if they used the old “every game had ALL of its content from the start” model. It was a budget release that was successful enough to get continued support over time.

I purchased all three seasons as one package, later bought Shadow Jago more for support than anything, and don’t regret any of it.

2 Likes

Well, to your original question, OP, I should tell you if you didn’t know already that Season 3 is officially over. It’s done, kaput, finished, etc. Everything we’re getting right now is post season 3 content. That’s why it’s not included in the price tag for season 3.

As for season 4? Your guess is as good as mine. I have my fingers crossed that we’ll see season 4 or a new KI game announced at E3 this year. My hope is that with MS very well aware of the fact that their lineup has been light so far this year and that they need games to sell Scorpio this Fall, that they’ll pull out all the stops and show everything they can, which I’d hope would include KI season 4, as I can’t imagine it’d be one of the more expensive things to green light, but who knows.

As to the whole monetization conversation, I’d say this…

From what I’ve read, the cost to make games keeps going up and up, while the price tags on most “standard” titles has remained $60 for well over ten years now. Why do you think so many games come free to play or with super mega ultimate deluxe editions, or with DLC seasons, or this idea of games as platforms, etc?

It’s the same reason why so many in the gaming industry have become contract employees and why many developers have to stock up and downsize on the fly as projects demand it. Granted, I’m sure a large part of that is similar to what it was before, but you never know.

Also, keep in mind with any comparison to MKX that you’re comparing a substantially bigger studio with a substantially larger budget than what IG has with KI. Even then, while MKX started with a big roster of characters, each with variations, a big story mode, etc, that they’re post release offerings have been eight characters, one stage, and some outfits. NRS still gets tons of comments asking for Kombat Pack 3 every time they post something about a new character available in that money vacuuming mobile version.

But I can’t fault them for that. Honestly, if anything, it just goes to show that even the big studios need to monetize their games through the nose because the cost to make them simply isn’t what it was during the N64 era, but I do agree that, as a fan, those were simpler times and buying a game didn’t feel like such a substantial commitment. I hear ya on that!

dont get me wrong… i do know times have changed and this is the new way to sell games, but that doesnt mean its the right way (as i see it). i mentioned before how i see this whole topic but let me get this clear:
even IF its normal these days, its totally dumb to release core mechanics just for SOME characters and DONT do it for others. I mean… imagine playing a 60$ retail Racing Game and having engine upgrades or paintjobs for 8 out of 20 cars in a competetive game? i mean - how stupid is that?

is it THAT problem to make ultimates and accesoires for each char BEFORE releasing it?
Even if noby was complaining about paid dlcs these days its just so wrong to the community to sell a char for 5 bucks just to tell the community, who is supporting this greedy attitude, to deal with the fact, that there is no real effort in char making (dont get me wrong here - effort for the moves, concept, animations etc - YES - but in terms of rewards for “maining” that char and get him/her to lvl 50 - HELL NO…) Besides the fact that… err cmon u hopefully get me… there are all these cool costumes and rewards for some characters and what do i get for leveling up Shago? Colors? Thats it?

Oh and dont forget that they were to lazy to code a damn 10 sec. ultimate which is a common thing in most modern fighting games (its not THAT much expensive, budget wise) and that most of the accesoires are just re-textures youre grinding for Weeks and Months of your life.

to summ it up : Im not mad about paid dlcs, im mad about the lazy and greedy attitude, companies these days try to sell their stuff and the stupidity costumers buy their stuff and support these attitudes.
KIs a great game : its fun, its competetive, its all in all well balanced, it looks great visual wise, the characters are unique and crazy, the mechanics are great etc. its just… it feels like a rip off to me, to sell overprized, unfinished stuff!
and worst of all, in terms of core mechanics and things EVERY character should have its totally not understandable and looks just so damn greedy (to me)… its not like the majority of the community would have died if they have waited a month longer for a character release if that one would have been “complete”…

every time someone who doesn’t make videogames or isn’t involved in the industry of videogames calls a game developer “lazy”, an angel dies in heaven. another angel dies every time that same person makes statements on how much it costs out of a budget to make something without actually being on the development team.

plenty of games give some characters extra content over another. they have done this ever since videogames were invented.
oldschool MK? not everyone had the same amount of fatalities. some had more, others had less. not every stage had a stage fatality.
SF? plenty of characters have more super moves than others. some characters have fewer moves, others have more. some characters have level 3s that other characters don’t share!
non-fighting games? plenty of beat-em-up and hack-and-slash characters in the same game have complete disparities in how many moves they have, what kind of moves they have.
and these games don’t have the advantage of being updated over time and actually MAKE characters equal to one-another in terms of content. DMC4SE isn’t gonna get updated in a few months to patch in cutscenes for Lady and Trish’s campaigns.

second… ultimates aren’t competitive content. they’re 100% optional. you could, and likely will, go many matches without seeing an ultimate, even when you’re fighting against characters that have them. ultimates do nothing that other characters can’t do on a mechanical level. if you get hit by an ultimate, it’s because you got hit by an ultra, and the match is already over. and everyone has an ultra. you are literally not missing any content by having a character that does not have an ultimate aside from a 10-20 second cutscene. double/triple ultras are basically as long, if not longer, than an ultimate, and everyone can do that, and it accomplishes the same thing without the cutscene.

from the start it was very clear that KI is a game that is in active development. it’s a game that grows as it’s worked on more and more. i feel like it’s very difficult to go into this game not knowing that.

if anything, you should be pretty happy that all the stuff that’s been getting added to the game that isn’t characters is all exclusively non-competitive content. you literally need none of it to enjoy the game’s full and complete set of mechanics and content. there are far more games out there that introduce content in their games that costs money and completely destroys the competitive scene by screwing up the balance. for example, a vast majority of F2P first person shooters that lock good weapons behind paywalls.

finally, if you want the “full” game with all the characters, everyone has an ultimate, everyone has 100 accessory sets, etc., then you should let microsoft know that, because they’re the ones funding the game, and thus they determine whether or not the game gets to continue to be developed. they won’t fund it enough to let them just make the game, and therefore this is how the game is made. microsoft could have very easily chosen to let the game die after DH died (which i’m sure they almost did), and you would have had to live with a buggy, unbalanced game that has significantly less content and no possible future for new content.

i’m sure folks will be like “omg IG defense force lol” but this is literally just the reality of game development and funding in the year 2017. if you hate it, blame the publishers. yell at them. don’t accuse the devs of being “lazy.”

5 Likes

^^^^^^^

I was trying to engage in a civil way but that last response just buried it for me. I don’t need to engage with yet another know nothing know-it-all who at the core is just a brat who wants more stuff for less money. When called on it remember to just respond with “yeah, but come on guys. It’s stuff I WANT, and like, you should just DO IT!” Smh

Maybe I’m showing my age but to me, “lazy” is an incredibly scathing insult and not something to be taken lightly. And it always offends me on behalf of the developers who are probably putting in more unpaid overtime in a week than the jokers calling them “lazy” work in a month.

Edit: someone needs to explain to me how it’s “greedy” to release free Ultimates…

4 Likes

What you see as lazy/greedy is actually quite pragmatic.

1. Keeping the lights on. It costs a lot of money to develop any kind of software. If 5 ultimates have been completed and unreleased then they’re just unpaid debt. Instead of getting value out of their investment they now have to borrow more money while this content just sits. Who’s going to pay for that and at what cost?

2. Risk mitigation. Lets just say that some content isn’t going to sell; do you want to invest 25 x cost to find that out or learn after the first 5 this isn’t the direction the fans want you to go? With proper feedback you can get back on track or change your strategy all together.

3. Hype. The constant flow of content keeps people engaged. Knowing there are new characters, colors, etc are coming is far more compelling than a few frame data tweaks in a balance patch. If KI released in it’s current state on the xbone launch do you think it’d still have the same visibility?

Agile software development makes a lot more sense than a ‘big bang’ release for some projects. This is particularly true with digital distribution; we don’t have to play the SFII ultra turbo championship xl alpha edition. It’s just a new content release.

I’d get used to the idea because you’re only going to see more of it.

1 Like

all of you are making the same statement : get used to it, because thats the way its gonna be in the future.
But is it RIGHT that way? - thats the whole point of what i said. i KNOW and understand its a matter of costs and hype etc but thats not the point. im programming myself (on another and older engine) for years and i DO understand how time consuming it is and that they had a low budget. U get me totally wrong about the “lazy/greedy” thing. its NOT lazy to release Ultimates for free etc…

its LAZY to retexture the same model 10 times and then call it a “reward” for grinding to lvl 50 because swapping a texture is neither expensive (budget wise) nor time expensive. Its simply “mean” to release an ultimate, the community’s screaming HELL YES! and then release just a few ultis, JUST to tease us and get the cashflow and hype going. As i said before, i doubt the majority of the community would have died if they had to wait 1 month longer, to get a “complete” character.

All i said was about equality. so whats the point of playing shadow jago? yeah maybe i like him and his moves and play him just because i want to. but then i go ingame and see that almost every other character has accesoires, retro costumes, ultimates etc. and then i pay 5 bucks for a single character and all i get are some colors to unlock and on top not even the ultimate or some other stuff to compensate this? C’MON…

So my Question is : WHERE was the guy in the devs team that said : "you know what? before we tease and hype s.jago f. example, maybe we should get him some accesoires and some other bonus content since he doesnt have a retro costume…lets say we just give hhim at least not just retextured crap but new models-accescoires and an ultra, that sound ok to u guys?“
Instead we get the attitude " ok yeah just buy our stuff. EVENTUALLY if you all pay micros, buy all packs and support us we give you a tiny bit of new content, that should have been made from the start when we released him so u can enjoy the new character the same way u can enjoy all the others” and THAT my friends is what i call “greedy”…

Im totally aware that you cant compare budgets of MK and KI but just overlook this whole Situation. EVERYONE who has the “complete Edition” (bought in pieces) paid 85$ (without extra skins, ki gold etc). multiply this with the amount of players over the years + the players that bought the def. or ultra-edition PLUS the Micros PLUS the starting budget… My gues is that they had at least enough money to make a 10 sec. Ultimate for all chars, dont u think?

I said it multiple times before : KIs a great game, im totally aware its a budget and hype thing BUT its not understandable to me, that they release content for some charcters and nothing for others just to tease the players even if they had more than enough money to realize it.

You’re point if view is all skewed. If I walk down The street and hand a panhandler a dollar you would say I was cheating the other panhandlers out of a dollar. If I buy cookies from a Girl Scout who comes to my door, I’m being cruel to the next Girl Scout who comes to my door.

If you demand that they make 27 ultimates all at once despite their limited budget you are going to get zero Ultimates.

I don’t know what you mean when you say “is it right?” What is “right?” Morally correct? This isn’t a social service. They are making a product and selling it to us. If you want it, then buy it. If you don’t want it then don’t buy it. This isn’t some ethical challenge.

Edit:

No. I don’t think that.

I’m glad you’re passionate enough to care this much about the game in the first place, but everyone in this thread is right. You’re calling them lazy, greedy, and mean because you don’t like the content that’s been released so far, and that shows a fundamental misunderstanding of game development, especially for large titles like this.

wtf ur talking about girl scouts? in your example theres zero reference to what i said.
its arguable if they had enough money to make ultimates ALL at once, but i was talking about that fact to release a 5$ expensive single char WITHOUT accesoires, without (while understandable because there is none) retro costume AND without an ultimate to at least compensate the fact that there is zero to do with that char beside playing it and grind it all way up to lvl 50 to unlock some colors.

even if i have to repeat its more about this:
its LAZY to retexture the same model 10 times and then call it a “reward” for grinding to lvl 50 because swapping a texture is neither expensive (budget wise) nor time expensive. Its simply “mean” to release an ultimate, the community’s screaming HELL YES! and then release just a few ultis, JUST to tease us and get the cashflow and hype going. As i said before, i doubt the majority of the community would have died if they had to wait 1 month longer, to get a “complete” character.

All i said was about equality. so whats the point of playing shadow jago? yeah maybe i like him and his moves and play him just because i want to. but then i go ingame and see that almost every other character has accesoires, retro costumes, ultimates etc. and then i pay 5 bucks for a single character and all i get are some colors to unlock and on top not even the ultimate or some other stuff to compensate this? C’MON…

So my Question is : WHERE was the guy in the devs team that said : “you know what? before we tease and hype s.jago f. example, maybe we should get him some accesoires and some other bonus content since he doesnt have a retro costume…lets say we just give hhim at least not just retextured crap but new models-accescoires and an ultra, that sound ok to u guys?”

Instead we get the attitude " ok yeah just buy our stuff. EVENTUALLY if you all pay micros, buy all packs and support us we give you a tiny bit of new content, that should have been made from the start when we released him so u can enjoy the new character the same way u can enjoy all the others" and THAT my friends is what i call “greedy”…

why dont take a clear position on THAT instead of whining and fanboy-ing about KIs devs? (even if its irrational because as u said theire selling us a product, which I PERSONALLY think is overprized and in some cases just not well made in terms of “effort” (retexture etc )

No not because i dislike the content, because its not well made , with no real effort behind it and it just shows a lazy attitude if i just do a retexture and call it a “reward” ,because i KNOW how simple this is and THIS has nothing to do with the “budget” behind the project.

Who’s calling it a “reward?” And again, what do you want? A more expensive “reward” that you don’t have to pay any more for. Because in your fantasy world they have all the time and money in the universe to do this and you want it. Grow up kid.

You know this how?[quote=“Asmodis, post:16, topic:20433”]
[/quote]

Umm Shadow Jago has an ultimate. Also you enjoy his gameplay so you use him. Accessories are a bonus.[quote=“Asmodis, post:16, topic:20433”]
maybe we should get him some accesoires and some other bonus content since he doesnt have a retro costume…lets say we just give hhim at least not just retextured crap but new models-accescoires and an ultra, that sound ok to u guys?"
[/quote]

What if they weren’t able to give Shadow Jago that?[quote=“Asmodis, post:16, topic:20433”]
Instead we get the attitude " ok yeah just buy our stuff. EVENTUALLY if you all pay micros, buy all packs and support us we give you a tiny bit of new content, that should have been made from the start when we released him so u can enjoy the new character the same way u can enjoy all the others" and THAT my friends is what i call “greedy”…
[/quote]

Don’t agree with it? Don’t buy it.

1 Like

I’d would have given a better response, but I’m just too lazy.

12 Likes

LMAO! yeah!

1 Like