So who bought Shago and have not used him?

Well I had to buy him to know how to fight him. Otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered.

Learn Sadira… Shagos hate Sadira. She can nullify a lot of his shenanghans.

1 Like

I have the opposite feel. Shago just says "nah eat this dp, or I’ll just teleport through everything for free.

Slide isn’t safe, especially from full screen.

If he wants to use divekick to punish fireballs or long range pokes he has to have done the divekick before you input your fireball or pressed your button, which means he’s just throwing out random divekicks, which means you should stop pressing buttons and just wait to block one.

Since divekicks can be blocked low it’s not a 6 way mix up, they’re no different from the slides as a mix up option so it’s only a left, right, throw mix up, not a high left right, low left right, throw mix up.

2 Likes

But his frame traps don’t work because everyone knows to just block against Shago until he does something unsafe. There is no sense of “I have to find an opening to get through this.” Also faking a throw attempt won’t work since everyone knows to just jump forward when Shago dashes after the cross up DP change, that way they avoid and punish throw attempts as well as cross up dp attempts, and it makes all divekicks hit in front.

1 Like

I feel the Shago isn’t as bad as everyone makes it. I am NOT saying he is a bad character by any means, he is very good in fact. But there is a distinct difference between a bad Shago player to a good one. Learn to defend/avoid the BS and the bad Shago player will get desperate and self-destruct.

2 Likes

I personally think Shadow Jago would be the best character in the game if not for his low damage output. Like Mira, he’s got tons of tools and is generally better at neutral than 90% of characters in the game. He got crazy hard to predict shenanigans that is very hard for his opponent to read.

The problem is that he has to land them like 20 times to win. And that’s why he’s balanced.

You try landing anihilation in a legit match then tell me it discourages smart play.

Maybe in the lower brackets you can cheese it in, but higher play? Good luck.

How is shago good in neutral? Ive been trying to figure this out in the last month.

Using annihilation to punish isn’t hard. However,instinct into fireball into shadow shenanigans is so much better.

Some of the best zoning, high mobility and great footsie buttons.

i bought him just so i can learn the matchup

I bought him for like $57 way before the community fund as an alt. skin for Jago. But since his release as regular Shago and all the stuff he does, I can’t say I am a huge fan of him. I will use him rarely opposed to how much I used to.

Don’t know if that counts.

my shago is lvl 1 - went out of my way to purchase an xbox live code through ebay to unlock him before the whole community fund thing. He seems to be a spammy cheesy character. Aganos 4 life ~

My Jago begs to differ.

I’m the complete opposite, I’ve had him since day one and he’s the only character I have at level 50 so I can’t exactly relate. :stuck_out_tongue:

Many characters beg to differ. Shago’s neutral is certainly crazy, but being -lol on every special available to him is not a recipe for long term viability in the neutral game.

1 Like

I bought him and loved doing the Ultimate and those fancy things at first. But I knew I was going to buy KI even though I played just 2 or 3 characters (like I did in KI2). But I wanted to support the game and what it’s very important: I wanted to know how he was to deal against him, so I needed him to take it to practoce mode =P

““Using annihilation to punish isn’t hard””

And what are these easy annihilation punishes you speak of? Ive been maining Shago since day one and I gotta say, punishing with annihilation is super circumstantial.

If I recall correctly Annihilation is 5 frames of start up, so anything that’s -6 or more you can punish with it. Like, DPs, full screen windkick, Sabrewulf’s running high or low, any of Thunder’s sammamish follow ups, Orchid’s slides, literally any non-surged special move from Shago, etc.