So now that Tusk is confrimed, let me be the first to say it

Yep, he was said to be an “outdoor survivor” guy.

1 Like

I’m aware that he was mentioned to be an “outdoor survival” type. However, that was never confirmed - they were just “looking into it.” Besides, he could still introduce the concept of time travel in his storyline (but it wouldn’t be a central aspect of the story like in the past - it’d just happen and be left at that) and have lived among us for some time, still allowing for the “survival” aspect, and his adjustment to modern times.

1 Like

Tusk the Barbarian or Tusk the Outsdoor Survivalist. There, I said them now :wink: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

We need one dark haired variety, resembling Conan ! He is after all, the inspiration!

1 Like

I just need my Greatsword.

If he wields a foil sword and practices fencing because fencing is an Olympic sport and slicing up your opponent isn’t. Now that would suc…

1 Like

I posted something on the S2 forums proposing that Tusk can remain an “ancient barbarian” if he is drawn through the portal that Gargos and his minions will be coming through - the one Kan-ra is ■■■■■■■ around with. This would allow time travel without really being time travel - he’s been held in stasis for eons so time has passed, but he’s still a warrior in his prime.

An alternative would be to simply add modern gladiatorial combat as a sport in the KI universe. That removes time travel, allows him to be burly and trained in greatsword combat, and could open up costume ideas like Tron-ish glowing battle armor or a sword with plasma edges.

2 Likes

While they clearly have the design and everything already done, I think a Mad-Max-style anarchist (or villain) would fit him. KI is about tropes and action figures and that’s still super hot right now.

Forget Conan, I want Kull the Conqueror!

2 Likes

How about Highlander! Connor Macleod! There can be only one!

Tusk would be immortal who lived for centuries. He can be from Babylon who recently moved to Scotland/Ireland.

2 Likes

All news sites are reporting that he’s confirmed as of yesterday, so

1 Like

“Confirmed” or not, everyone here knew he was going to be in season 3 as of MONTHS ago straight from the devs themselves.

4 Likes

Another way is just saying he lives in a society isolated from the rest of the world so in turb still a barbarion but in moder times.

For all you Tusk fans I want to help you all learn how to get aquainted with Tusk’s new look so here’s my advice:

List 3-4 things you consider that makes Tusk, well…Tusk.

When the modern design is released looked through the features and see what he shares in common with his older look.

If they have a costume that makes him look like a Jedi/Sith (complete with “laser sword”), I’m going to go bananas! :banana: :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Wasn’t original Tusk’s hair like a sandy blond or something? :-p

I don’t much care where they go with him story-wise so long as he looks cool. His retro will be full on barbarian, so no need to redo that for his standard costume. My only request is that he NOT be tied to random-Babylonian King dude…he’s already prolific enough in the storyline. As I’ve mentioned before, I think an over-reliance on that figure as an origin for too many characters would unnecessarily shrink the KI world. Just let it be a world full of werewolves, ghosts, energy chucking monks and all the rest.

I think it’s cooler that Hisako and Glacius and Aganos have absolutely nothing to do with one another - no need to shoe-horn EVERYTHING into some larger meta-historical narrative. Ultratech does fine as the thread bringing all these disparate parts together. It’s cool to have some characters more tied to one another than others (Aganos and Kan-Ra and Maya), but it’s also cool to let there be several different categories of that (Jago and Orchid and TJ, Jago and Omen, etc). It’s fine for some characters to stand more or less alone.

You got anything if Tusk can’t be a part of Babylon? I’d love for Tusk to be the “Highlander” of KI. An immortal.

1 Like

My only request for Tusk is that he’s around 6’11" and looks distinct from Thunder.

Would be totally cool with that. Would be a nice nod to his background and stage from KI2, which always struck me as having Gaelic influences.

1 Like

needs a beard too

Only if it’s his customization, I like him clean shaven more.

He needs a shirtless and barefoot TARZAN/ HULK like alternate!!!

Then a Terminator or a Mad Max or TITAN

Captain Caveman in the silly route Adam spoke of

1 Like