Skin and Face feedback

Well her hair looks fine…unlike some characters (looks at orchid)

1 Like

I also remember people were complaining that Hisako looked to much like Sadira when they released her hero art. All these rediculous Kim Wu face complaints will die down eventually.

If we can only get the people who think they know what an Asian should look like to get over their insecurities…

3 Likes

Like I said in a different thread, her face itself is not the problem but rather the animation of Kim Wu’s face, which is not done well. The facil animation is almost like the T800 from Terminator 2 when Arnold is trying to smile for the first time. Both ends up looking awkward and hilarious at the same time. The lighting too was an issue as well which I feel was a little unnecessary to overhaul. Enhancing it sure but don’t completely redo it.

1 Like

LOL, true.

Yet, in other angles and poses…

How’s this thing you young lads keep saying?.. ah yes, “waifu”

3 Likes

Let’s admit guys. KI is not a graphic reference in fighting games this generation. Maybe Killer Instinct “2”

Orchid rewll did go throufh about three face changes.
Anyone remember hiw her face looked on the DH select scroll ribbon OMG

Then her first official change was just after release just before the alternate costume reveal

alien eyes, anime eyes, is not real proportion. And this face does not belong to a student girl, has at least 30 or more years

I love RZ design and art, but does not fit as an example

4 Likes

That’s why it’s called concept art lol, remember Sabrewulf was inspired by Taz

Kim Wu’s face is fine, generally. While I’m not exactly an expert in asian facial structures, she looks realistic, to me.

Something looks a little off to me during the zoom-in at the beginning of the trailer (which looks to be her intro), but I can’t tell if what looked like extra puffiness was simply a lighting thing.

I’m not saying her proportions need to change, but I do feel there appears to be a noticible difference between Kim during normal play and her intro - and maybe at other points.

Exactly. It looks like she’s had one too many botox injections and can’t move most of her face.

This is not really a reply to anyone just in general but I’ve seen allot of people mention and post pictures of K-pop stars in the KI community since Kim Wu’s trailer ,but what allot of people don’t know is most K-pop stars have had surgery and don’t look 100% natural. It’s been a growing trend in South Korea and China to have double eyelid surgery, my opinion Kim Wu’s face looks fine.

5 Likes

To me it’s just one of those things that’ll look a lot better when you see it in person along with the lighting adjustment that is to be made. Even still, I’m pretty sure I read on another thread that Kim will still receive some further polish. All in all I really like her face in the fact that she not only looks Asian, unlike Orchid, but the overall structure is different than the other femmes. Apologies in advance if this comes across as offensive. Kim has slanted eyes, a smaller jaw line, and more prominent cheek bones. All of which differentiate her greatly from the other girls, who virtually have the same face. The hair could use some polish but it still looks fine as is :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Kim’s skin is the same color as her hair…

Lol her face

Orchid: “F*ckin magnets, how do they work?”

2 Likes

Ok so we like kims face…

Bit there is SOMTHING missing… i hace allot of friends who olay the game who hate her look… most of them say she looks like shes got a playe face witha huge fat mario nose…

I must say id like to see her tweaked. Capcom reworked some of the faces for sf5 to fit fan expectation and id like the same to happen here.

Less gold
More texture
More make up
Less round
Smaller nose

These could help

I think she looks like Bruce Lee

1 Like

Hmm yeah I agree that something is missing in Kim as well. At the same time this all a beta so they might polish her for the next month. Something like what they did with TJ.

1 Like