Six million players? congratulations KI!

I want to edit my other post. Lol! I completely forgot the game came out with like 2 days left in March, so yeah, between the X1 and PC I don’t see that number being 6 Mil for just the month of March.

Regardless, that is a great number. Most / all FG number tumble as the years go on, but KI’s numbers continue to rise. This only bodes well for the games future.

Hear hear.

1 Like

Excellent! Such is the power of releasing on multiple platforms. PC was a good call. The extra exposure was bound to be positive for the game. Developers and publishers need money to stay afloat, of course, but the more important thing is that its time for a game like K.I. to get the recognition it deserves. I’d say release it on PS4, but that’s not gonna happen though it would be nice. I mean Microsoft opening the doors to Sony to have gamers play across the console divide is good. Look at Rocket League, we need more collaboration like that!

1 Like

Hate to be a “mood killer”… But why the hell can I not find exhibition matches more quickly, and without the same handful of opponents? All of my filters are disabled. Something is fishy here.

This is the wrong place to be asking that question

2 Likes
3 Likes

Congrats IG/Microsoft/DH on this excellent fighting game and in my opinion best fighting game this gen. Reading through the comments there seem to be a few SALTY peopld, maybe it’s because 6 million is far better than a few thousand like SF5 and some dislike the fact killer instinct is a much better game.

1 Like

Everyone forgot 1 thing 6 million doesnt mean it sold that much. It had by now 6 million gamers play it it in some way and thats it. It doesnt mean its better than every other fighter or that it makes it the best.

Capcom looking at this topic like…

Jk. congrats though. Was really hoping the game would take off. I’m always playing KI, wondering how it isn’t more popular. I play a lot of fighting game, and I always turn them off wanting to play some KI. Game is fantastic!

2 Likes

Nobody said any of those things. Why do people always have to pop in to tell everyone they are wrong to ever be happy about anything?

6 million users is a lot. If 1/6th of those people bought the game that’s still more people than have bought SFV.

Most of those people are not going to play for hundreds of hours like people on this forum do. No one thinks that. No one thinks that this makes KI the best game ever or the best selling game ever. But to pretend that having 6 million people go to the trouble of downloading the game is meaningless is BS.

@Rhscf you download a lot of 20 GB games and then delete them without even playing? Give me a break.

Not trying to make people mad, but a reminder of what it actually means. I dont care if your mad at what i said, but im happy its got that many gamers who have played it and hope it succeeds more.

1 Like

Ummm KI is FREE. Offcourse its going to have millions of players as opposed to SF5 which costs $100 USD.

Anybody can afford a Free Game, you want an honest answer? let Microsoft release details on how much money KI has made as thats the only way to evaluate the success of a Free Game. Not to mention SF5 is PS4 exclusive no xbox one sales = lot less sales. I am pretty sure capcom isn’t the least bit concerned as SF4 has been the number 1 esport technical fighter for the last half a decade. Just as 3rd Strike was.

3rd strike helped nearly bankrupt Capcom. Being popular at tournaments doesn’t equal making money either.

I don’t equate money with quality. Thats like saying COD is the best FPS when in reality its a trashy console port generic wallmart FPS. You really need to stop equating money with quality you really have to stop doing that. Justin Bieber has millions his music is still garbage.

Real men play Arma 3

Street Fighter will continue to be the top fighting game at ESPORTS and continue to be the most technical fighter sameway CS GO will continue to be the top ESPORT FPS.

Lol. Contradict yourself much? Two posts up you said “money is the only way to tell the success of a free game.” But now you don’t care about money.

Yes a financial success, you cannot determine the financial success of a free game by the number of players. Anybody can install a free game. What is the point of telling anyone that 6 million people have played KI? so what over 20 million people have also played league of legends its a free game, that cannot determine the financial success of a game.

Wanna give us something more meaningful? tell us how many people play KI daily. Tell us how much money KI has made, these stats are more useful than saying 6 million people played KI

I don’t see whats the issue here, justin bieber sold a lot of garbage so did nicki minaj. They were a financial success but failed at producing anything better than latrine ■■■■■.

The point I am making Street Fighter sells less but its superior where quality is concerned. Sameway Arma 3 sold little but its superior to every FPS on earth and thats not an opinion that is a fact shooting in COD is nothing. Try shooting in Arma 3 where it replicates real life physics.

SF5 will continue the tradition of the top fighter in Esports so will CS GO in FPS and so will Starcraft 2 in RTS. All of those games with exception of SC2 sold less than the competition but is superior gameplay wise.

To make it clear I don’t care how much money they made it doesn’t help me in life. I am simply pointing out that 6 million people played a free game is meaningless to anyone and its just a cheap publicity stunt by microsoft. Saying how much money they made is actually more useful

Stats such as “current players online” is WAY more useful to us. This is why I generally support Steam games alone because it actually shows on steamspy and steamstats how many current active players said game has. You can measure how successful the game is over time how it stands the test of time.

Injustice died on its ugly behind yet USF4 continued for over half a decade with thousands of players and it was always displayed on the steam stats page how many current players were playing.

These stats are useful and MS could learn a thing or 2 from steam on how to run a business.

Lol. I think MS is probably doing ok without business advice from you or Gabe. But all this blah blah is just hand waving. Six million people logging into KI is a big deal. Stop trying to sling around your usual, contrarian pessimism about all the things it doesn’t mean. What it means is that 6 million people have tried the game. In a niche part of the gaming industry where many well respected games, like Guilty Gear, BlazBlue etc measure success by selling a few hundred thousand copies, having six million people trying KI is a big success. End of story.

This isn’t a thread for you to rant about Justin Bieber.

with regards to downloading 20GB and deleting before playing. With most Free to Play games people download and play 1 or 2 match then delete. Which equates the same as deleting before playing. If these people play 2 match then leave they are of 0 use to the developer or the community hence equating deleting before playing.

Before SF5 came, USF4 had 2000 players at any given time daily in steam. This found matches either the same speed or FASTER than KI currently does. Its easy now to determine how active KI is, basically KI has roughly 3000 active players at any given time on both platform combined.

In the end like all fighting games, 99% of players will leave and never return after story mode.

You are wrong, KI has about 3000 players at any given time and this is very obvious and evident from the que times. And often takes quite a while to find a player, longer than USF4 which only had 2000 players on steam until SF5 came along you can’t handle the truth I bring FACTS to the table and you toss around nonsense constantly.

Seems like you are a stranger to the truth and love to throw around your “beliefs” and deny facts.

I am done with you and this thread, if people aren’t educated enough to understand the difference with 6 million people downloading a FREE game in the space of 3 years vs active players online daily then I cannot help any of them you including and its no surprise why Microsoft HIDES the current online player numbers, you don’t need a degree in Physics to understand that but seems like commonsense ain’t so common these days.

Goodby.