Should leaving the match durring an ultra count as a disconnect and punish?

Most of the times, if someone does an ultra I usually watch it if its gonna be good, but I don’t think you should get penalized for turning off the xbox during the ultra. If you already lost, then you lost. Why get punished if you just don’t feel like watching an ultra?

This is my biggest peeve with KI (and MKX Fatalities, too). I think you should be given the option ingame to just move on to the next match, or even the ability to turn off watching Ultras in the options (just default to the Ultra Ender whenever someone does an Ultra on you). I’m even kind of okay with single ultras, so even removing the ability to cancel ultras once they start would be okay. But when I have someone beat me - doesn’t matter whether it’s a convincing one-sides beatdown or an awesome back and forth game - and then proceed to do a double or triple ultra with a 4 KV combo inbetween, I get upset. You won fair and square, why clown around and waste both my time and yours? It doesn’t affect me psychologically, doesn’t put me on tilt or anything, it just makes me enjoy the game a little less. More so if it happens two or three games in a row.

I remember the devs saying something along the lines of “once an ultra starts, you can leave the match without penalty and the winner can continue their ultra never knowing that you already left” - this was supposedly implemented some time ago a few updates back.

1 Like

I remember this too… I never rage quit…but one time about a month or 2 ago… I was in ranked and this dude just was being an ■■■… during the 3rd Ultra i moved on . I was given a disconnect warning and penalty. Im not sure what the penalty was exactly expect a loss…but I had lost anyway… so I was confused as to why it was reminding me that I lost.

anyway… quit before the ultra…not cool…quit during the 2nd or 3rd ultra…understandable.

1 Like

This works for what’s needed.

See that is what how I would imagine it should be, but I feel like I turned my a few times during an ultra, and when I logged back in it says I disconnect and it will count as a loss, which it was a loss, but is there an extra punish for the disconnect loss or was there if the new patch put in a fix.

I know where ur comming from but I work, and sometimes I play a few rounds before, and next thing I know i’m late and have to haul ■■■ and dont have the time to sit through it. Or I just simply get bored and shut my xbox off.

I’m not super competitive so its not A HUGE deal for me, I am not even at the Killer rank lol. Actually I think I dropped from master to untouchable lmao.

I am not saying, to take away the winners victory or taking the losers loss. I just think as soon as the anouncer says “WINNER” (if he is not all bugged out like he has been lately) you should be able to disconnect. However I don’t want to end the winners ultra by dissconecting.

■■■■■ talking about I feel like playing now lol

I dont mind sitting through them…but this 1 time… I just had enough.

I tried finding you on XBox, search results were not conclusive.

Send me a request…Id love to kick the crap out of you

idk if your tryin to find moon or me but my gt is my user name, shouldn’t be hard to find.

sint the penalty for leaving not just the loss? if so then no there is no punishment because you already lost anyway.

Moonlight not you…

@M00NLightNinja I should show you some Jago stuff to beat FallofSeraphs. I can also show you a cool Ultra I found with Jago! You wouldn’t mind If I sent you a video of the Ultra, and maybe others I found with other characters? It’s good to get some inspiration. :smile:

@FallofSeraphs76 LOL I don’t think I’d like to fight you. If I have a hard time with your shadow, I can only imagine what you are like. XD

1 Like