Should KI Get Proper Resets Between Rounds?

The “two life bars, one fight” system isn’t going anywhere. We can talk about whether it’s good or bad, but it’s synonymous with KI so it’s likely to stay. Personally I think it’s cool because it eliminates the phenomenon where someone gets a perfect round and then the other guy squeaks out two “magic pixel” victories and wins the game - even though in total he did less damage.

I think more open to real possibility is do the characters “reset” to a starting position between life bars. This wouldn’t necessarily take longer than the current pause while the character faints and then rises, but it would force them to take character movement control away between rounds.

As has been mentioned, this would really benefit Glacius. He is completely hosed by the current system because if he wins a round, the opponent gets a chance to get up close and if he loses a life bar the opponent ALSO gets a chance to get up close. The fact that he is so slow and a zoner is the perfect design to be cornholed by KI’s round system.

Having said that, I’m a Glacius player and I wouldn’t push for this change. It’s part of the game and you make the adjustment.

I wouldn’t think so. Takes out some of the fun you get from moving around and finding unique angles of attack. Plus, a lot of strategy can be had in your placement post match, especially for characters reliant on certain spacing.

Well this all pretty much based on personal preference and the players will end up eventually adapting to whatever mechanics in place or quitting. I just don’t agree with the notion that the current system is any better.

Yup that is a KI trademark. Its not goin anywhere.

I was never suggesting that the life bar refills at the end of the round.

Lol. No, you cannot. The new boards are pretty hardcore about their censoring. :stuck_out_tongue:

Apologies in leaving out Riptor, but it doesn’t change my overall point. There are a whole three characters who truthfully get to set their starting spacing - everyone else has to play in some variation thereof. And while we keep using Glacius as an example, it’s important to remember that he is very much an outlier both in his overall mobility and in his preferred spacing. Most of the cast prefers some range between close and mid at any given time, and the pre-ready time is generally sufficient to allow most characters time to fight for their desired positioning without completely negating what happened before the round ended.

I can understand why some people might not like the system, but I think it works very well within the context of KI. Reasonable people can disagree on this point I think.

Nope…
The way it is now, the game feels like it never REALLY stops, where resets ruins the pacing…
It’s also a thing from the past in KI, can’t remember all of 'em but at least I know it was like that in KI Gold

Plus… and probably the most important part… why does it have to be like all the others?