Shin Hisako Gameplay Predictions

Yeah I think I just had too many characters in my head while I was plucking ideas out of my mind. I saw Mitsurugi’s weapon stances, I saw everything that Riptor does differently in her stance and then saw Aria with her three unique bodies and thought “well, I’d want each stance to feel unique…”

I think five command attacks per stance wasn’t the best way to convey that and maybe three stances is one too many.

I’m curious, how many stances would you want Shin Hisako to have and what would you want to see in each stance to kinda separate them or give them some sort of wow factor or even just base utility?

Obviously I don’t need a ton of specifics since we’re talking about a theory / preference. Just curious what you’d really enjoy seeing if they revealed her to be a stance character at KIWC.

Well, the stance idea is just something I always thought would work well with a sword character. Not necessarily tied to Shinsako, and definitely not expecting it now after what (little) we’ve seen of her.

I was just thinking two stances, sheathed and sword out. In sword out stance she’d have good mobility and fast attacks, but generally short range and more negative on block. In sheathed stance she’d move slower and have slower swings that were better on block, but also access to a fast sword draw special or something to maybe check someone who got a bit overzealous on pushing buttons or approach.

Once I saw that it was Hisako, I’d have also liked a counter or parry mechanic of some sort in one of the stances. Probably not into full combo, but perhaps into some sort of plus state where she’s able to grab back momentum. Think it’d be really cool to see her “turn” an attack and use that to help her start her offense.

2 Likes

Am I a bad person for expecting her to be a good MU for Aganos(in Aganos favor), so SOMEHOW I can give Hisako back all the love I got from her?

Kappa

It would be cool if she has a projectile which looks like this:

She quickly makes a cut which makes nothing, but after a second, a delayed slash appears where her opponent is, and half a second later, the slash actually hits. Since it only tracks her opponent location in the moment of the move is executed, its easily dodged, but can be tricky since Shin can use it, then move, and mix her opponent while he has to choose what to avoid

3 Likes

That’d be really cool. Perhaps a bit too anime (or KOF) for KI though. Combine that with some dash-through shenanigans and you’d have pure salt. :joy:

1 Like

I was thinking like a Tusk Deflect & a Parry mixed together. That would be hype.

What would my dream setup for the new “Guardian Hisako” be?

1. Katana Rekka with low, mid, and overhead slashes that can be mixed up just like she has now but obviously much closer range. Replaces On Ryo Zan.

2. If she does indeed have a DP make it start like Tusk’s but have the option at it’s climax to do a crashing downward slash like Tusk’s air skull splitter. Replaces Posession but new command for it. Second part of move could be a separate aerial slash to replace Air On Ryo Zan.

3. Original Influence command grab replaced with a new command “grab” similar to her linker version of the original. She holds her sword low and back in the iaijutsu stance and takes a short dash step forward and hits them with the pommel of her sword. If this is connects she does the dash through slashes. Move can be charged to delay the initial dash hit. Replaces Influence.

4. Keep the Vengeance parry high/low move but rename it. It fits a Samurai as they didn’t use shields the sword was also their defense as well.

5. For her mobility, similar to before: Slow and deliberate looking standard walk. “Flash step” style dash that has the Feral Dash quality like Wulf/Owl Guardian. Keep her wall jump. Give her a " flash step backdash" that goes off-screen and appears on other side of opponent so functionally she retains her teleport but remixed. Both flash steps could be fairly unsafe except for very specific frames such as passing through the opponent/wall.

6. Her new meter is retooled to start empty but fills up as the opponent blocks to eventually give her the Guard Crush of the Tiger Guardian.

More straightforward but also still technical as a Samurai should be. Blend of Defensive, Offensive, and Mobility options. Can alternate or choose between Rushdown or Counter playstyles.

Probably won’t be like this but a man can dream. Would not be any more or less broken then regular Hisako if the meter part is balanced right on how much it takes to build up.

I’m going to guess what she’s not going to have from original Hisako’s move set.

She won’t have any of her ghoulish moves, so her :arrow_backward:HK telephone, possession and her creepy crawly forward dash will most likely be gone.

I’m guessing her command grab will probably go too, since it’s not as easy to stick a katana into the ground as it is with a naginata.

So if those are taken away, what would be the replacements?

Going by my theory, I’m guessing she’s not going to have any grapple moves apart from a regular throw. So she’ll probably just be rushdown with a hit and run style mechanic.
I think her new moves will have hard knockdown potential to allow her to back off and ready up her next attack.

So aside from the rekkas that Hisako has, I think she’ll have some tricky sword play, probably a crossup move where she dashes past you and follows up with a back slash, all of this which will be grounded.
She might even have some move that gives her mobility or an escape from pressure.

Additionally, I think she might have some multi-thrust move similar to Omen’s kick move.

So I just had an idea: Hisako’s back dash is pretty meh, right? Well what if Shin Hisako gets an above average or even a really darn good one?

Even better: What if, as a twist on Hisako’s catch counter, her dash gives her the option to “Whiff Counter?” Like say, she has a fast backdash with seem good distance… that can be canceled into a sword lunge (like the one in her reveal) to punish opponents?

Maybe she could assume a special stance and do some Iraijutsu (samurai quickdraw)?

2 Likes

I haven’t discussed much but I must say if she had a rekka based build up slash in the vein of Kim’s rekka-like nunchuck splash

In which she turns after each slash t has potential to be badaszzz

I just am amazed at the hair, at this point I’d prefer she had a ninja like headwrap mask like shinobi

And that stealing Kim Wus dragon weapon handle crickets

That’d be super dope. Just have it like Riptor’s runback+HK where it’s really negative. Could be a way to give her a “DP lite” if they didn’t want to giver her a shoryu, but also didn’t want her to be free on wakeup.

1 Like

Precisely! I’m imagining she hops back and slides a bit to gain distance but leave her open (kinda like survival run) giving the opponent a bit of time to try and exploit the moment of vulnerability when suddenly -SAKO SLICE!-

And actually a character who focused on dashing for a lot of their command attacks similar to Riptor’s run or KI1 Cinder would be all kinds of awesome. We have a couple of air dashers and double jumpers, why not someone who covers space while grounded? The inputs are simple, so easily accessible, but if you get over zealous you’re going to be flying to your doom.

Plus, as someone who’s practiced karate, we did a lot of dashing movements both for dodging and for certain strikes, so a character based around Japanese martial arts would be really fitting. After all, in Japan the user is trained to use a weapon as an extension of their body (at least, that’s how we were taught), so it would make sense for a Japanese warrior to have trained that body in the arts of Japanese combat.

1 Like

Well I will say/predict this now: Shin Hisako’s aka Shinsako’s gameplay/playstyle is going to be similar to Robin’s (Damian Wayne’s) from Injustice 2 especially the swordplay/sword-action :wink: :slight_smile:

As far as counters go, it would be cool if she had a counter using meter. Maybe some big guaranteed damage, instead of opening a combo. It’s super satisfying to land yukikaze (or some other comparable counter) and watch your opponent’s life bar melt.

1 Like

I just thought if they take any inspiration from leixia of soul calibur she could be a badazzzzz

Notice how soul calibur gave you the option to perform ‘ultimate’ style animations in game

2 Likes

Here’s a thought, since it seems the goal was to make a Hisako that’s more accessible, what she gets back>forward and down>up inputs instead of quarter circles? We haven’t had a character utilize those in a while.

1 Like

#OOOOOOH YES

I’m hoping she’s got a lot of sword swipes, more than tusk or as much as him at least.

This is something I’ve thought is decently likely, even though it wouldn’t be my preference. I haven’t really liked any of the back+forward characters thus far, but I’ll try and adjust to it here if I have to.