Shadow trailbailzer inconsistency

doesnt shadow trailblazer crush lows and is projectile invul? I havent played for a long time but i think it does.

I think it does crush lows (as in it is lower body invulnerable) but I honestly don’t know if this extends to the startup. It is definitely projectile invulnerable.

Normal trailblazer crushes lows too. I use it to beat out Orchid slides.

Yes but the startup from shadow trailblazer is way faster as far as i know. Its around 3f startup i think.

Regardless the move is already good and has special properties - just not throw invulnerable.

It does, but so does: Shadow-WindKick, and every other shadow moves that attack forward. AND these other shadow moves do something that Shadow Trailblazer can’t do: not get beat out by tapping light punch.

I still fail to see why Shadow Trailblazer is so low in priority when it doesn’t even go any further then a typical trailblazer and isn’t even as flexible.

It’s really only good for going through projectiles at close range, any further and you’re not gonna reach anybody. that’s about all it’s good for, but I still don’t think it’s really that useful since it’s still got way low priority over even normal attacks.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more! Im not sure hwy everyone else seems to want to justify why there is no issue hear
 the move is weak
period
not only can it be stuffed by LP
it is thrown every single time you use it against the CPU
And the distance is weak
this move needs a buff
bad!

I’m fine with being thrown you can probably do that with the others if ya grab em’ early enough. But because Cinder’s Shadow-Trailblazer has low priority it doesn’t amtter how late it is.

Really my only issue with this is because unlike normal trailblazer which is versatile and can change direction, Shadow Trailblazer doesn’t change direction, doesn’t go too far. Only real thing good about is it’s projectile invulnerable like every other shadow-move but not as effective either due to distance and low-priority. I don’t think it crushing lows really matters since alot of other character’s shadow moves could do this anyway.

I’m not saying Shadow Trailblazer needs a special buff to make ti the ultimate move or anything. I just want the move to not be so low in priority because it can’t really do what Trailblazer can do.

According to bastfree’s Cinder frame data (here), shadow trailblazer is 2+8, so it’s 10 (or 11, depending on how bastfree measures it) frames of startup.

It being 8 (or 9) frames after the freeze is kind of crappy, which means it will never “accidentally” stuff buttons on startup if they were pressed during the freeze like most fast shadows will do. In fact, it seems pretty easy to throw it or stuff it on reaction with pretty much any normal.

Keep in mind that the only reason trailblaizer pressure is even escapable is because of it’s low priority. Without that only DP characters would be able to escape it.

oh if its really 8f than its just an ok tool.

Thought it had 3f.

I just used it for crushing lows and projectiles not as a wakeup.

But since Cinder has a good wakeup game i dont see why shadow trailblazer should get more properties. Maybe startup tweaked or so.

Eh I agree with the fact that Cinder’s reversal game is fine. He’s got a (pretty good) DP used to stuff moves and he can keep using that.

In fact, one of my pet peeves with KI in general is super fast shadows that aren’t invincible but can be used as pseudo-reversals because they’re faster than jabs and require perfect meaty timing to stuff. In other games, the super freeze would save you if you pressed a button late, but it’s never the case in KI, so these moves actually just
 work a lot of the time they “shouldn’t”. So the fewer moves like that are in the game, the better, as far as I’m concerned.

I still feel the low priority does not justify the fact that Cinder’s shadow trailblazer can’t change direction, and doesn’t go far enough.