Shadow Lord Eyedol

It means there was no build up for him in story. Throughout S1 and S2, there was no mentioning of Eyedol whatsoever only ARIA and Gargos. If he made it in now as a boss with no context to why he’s such a threat, that would be majorly shoehorning. It’s one thing for him to return just for his fans but another thing entirely if it means convoluting the story just because.

Well, I have a pretty dim view of trying to design a fighting game around something as irrelevant as the story. I think they could find a way to make Eyedol fit. The game has a Battletoad in it so it’s hard for me to worry overly much about what Eyedol’s lore is going to be. I know some people go nuts for that stuff but I still think they could say “surprise! A demon has awoken to challenge Gargos.”

1 Like

Yeah but the difference is Rash serves no purpose to the story whatsoever so I don’t think that’s a good comparison

1 Like

He doesnt need an introduction. He just needs to be in the game. I could give two farts about the story just give me my beat stick.

What if when the last character comes out aka eyedoll. If you start shadow lords as him the story starts with the heroes losing and aria having no other plans decided to make kan rah open another portal hoping something else may come out to attack gargos and with them both weakens she can take them both down.

1 Like

I know some don’t care about the story, which is totally understandable but the story for these characters are part of the complete package. More so to the point where the stages themselves are integrated into a characters backstory, this is why it’s such a huge hit for Mira not to have a stage, I think the same thing could be said about Eyedol. Eyedol imho needs to have at least a mention somewhere or some sort of hint of sorts. Other characters didn’t need a build up or mention because they aren’t the main threat or antagonists, Aria had foreshadowing, Gargos had foreshadowing both because they were very important to WHO the threat is within this story, I think Eyedol deserves the same treatment rather than kind of being a throw away character for the sake of being the last character.

I believe IG just doesnt want to deconfirm this character to the fans. We’ll see in July.

1 Like

You know what - I’m not an Eyedol fan at all, but good golly gumdrops do I appreciate the enthusiasm of Eyedol fans. Hanging on every word, formulating ways to keep hope that he may return.

You guys are totally bonkers and I love it.

2 Likes

Millennia ago, demigods walked among the mortals. Some of them wanted to protect them, others, the shadow lords, rule above them. But the shadow lords were not allies, and they fought for centuries, until Gargos emerged victorious.

Eyedol, the shadow lord, was Gargos greather challenger. Eventually, Gargos figured how to outplay him: he created Omen, a parasite spirit. Gargos used Omen to enslave Eyedol, corrupting his already dark hearth. At the end, Eyedol fell into Gargos corruption. Even without Omen inside of him, Eyedol can’t disobey Gargos command, and due his brutal strengh, he is the most powerful minion of the shadow lord.

But after the “Shago split crysis”, Eyedol belives he could be free again. With the data collected by Aria from Hisako and Aganos, the IA manages to free Eyedol… only to slave him into her own purposes.

But Eyedol its a cunning creature, and he agrees with Aria plan… for now… when the time comes and Gargos is no more, he will break free… and reclaim this world!

There you have, a good backstory for Eyedol, depicted as a powerful being, loyal to the original concept of being enslaved by Ultratech

2 Likes

Its the Ultimates thing all over again. Except this one hasn’t been completely ruled out for S3.

1 Like

I can see the comparison - IMO this has a bit more merit, since we’re talking about a potentially playable character rather than a 8-second cinematic. Way more equity.

2 Likes

True. And one without the cheap moveset everyone associated with old Eyedol which is worth a lot more than enders that may or may not get boring after 10-20 views.

1 Like

I’ve waiting for Eyedol since forever…

Still keeping hopes…

1 Like

Ppssssttt…Gargos… wake up bro.
“Huh??..wha…what? Cant you see Im trying to sleep!”

“Sorry…but you gotta see this Facebook post. Eyedol is calling you out man!”

“SURPRISE Mutherfugger! Im coing to kick you ■■■ Gargos you punk!”

“Ughhh…that is not what I wanted to wake up too…Im going back to bed!” Facebook drama on Earth!

2 Likes

Just holler at Eyedol on Twitter - @LordEyedol

3 Likes

Are their any wulf fans in here?

General Raam should be a Shadow Lord. He is even more imposing than Gringos.

Shadow lord Eyedol… Has a ring to it

1 Like

But 73-9 doesn’t…

In K1 Eyedol was Ultratech`s muscle.

Here he can be Gargos` muscle.