Season 4 or Just Add Features/Updates

I think better ways to end the fight would make the game more fun than new characters would. As it stands, ultra combos are nothing special. They hit the nostalgia button pretty hard, but they add no hype to the fight:

1. Just a simple fireball or DP command and you’re done.
  2. No special effects to make them look hype.
  3. They don’t contribute to characterization at all. Everyone just hits a bunch of times and then launches.

These things make their length more of a chore to sit through than a pleasure. Ultra enders are blessings, but they really just highlight how un-hype ultras are, don’t they?

Some kind of finisher that complements a character’s personality would be fantastic. Special effects to make it hype would be amazing. They can still be required as combo enders to keep with the “KI is the game about combos” theme.

And just extra two cents: MKX’s brutality system is probably the most inspired finisher system in fighting games, ever. They literally remedy every major problem with finishers–they don’t drag tournaments on, they highlight the player’s knowledge of the game, they reflect the character performing them, and they look hype as hell.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind if they brought back humiliations too, but it’s probably a pipe dream since they would have to do all new animations for every character.

1 Like

I imagine a full new season is risky from the perspective of the core, as well. New characters (if interesting) mean new mechanics and rebalancing old characters. That’s been stressing a lot of people the hell out over the past few seasons. A small season, as you suggest, focused on new features would give everyone time to enjoy gittin gud relatively stress free for a year :slight_smile:

They could, for example, make the season about the following:

1. Add Eagle
  2. Add some kind of finishing move system that is more hype than ultras
  3. Complete the roster’s stages
  4. Add story content to Shadow Lords

Boom. I’m paying $40 for that. Easy peasy.

he don’t fit in KI because of his height… I mean he’s too short than Kim Wu. I don’t want to see more guest characters join KI Season 4, we already have 3 guests. KI is NOT Smash Bros.

Use Humiliation on Rash
Doesn’t humiliate him since he just taunts
Gains 10% health back for opponent’s idiocy

1 Like