Season 3 "Stage ultra" voice clip (it's bad)

We’ll just have to see, maybe the requirements to get it are different. I don’t think they would take something so cool out, at least I hope not!

1 Like

It would have been okay if the announcer had actually said “Stage”. Unfortunately, he clearly says “Steydge”.

It sounds like Chris trying to sound like Mike. This is what the Chris announcer sounds like to me all the time. They should just leave the Mike announcer alone so we have an option to not hear this.

I get that they want S3 to feel higher quality in all aspects than S2, and in many ways they succeed. In this case though, they’re messing with things that were just fine.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s not his best line read. Chris was pushing it too hard – happens sometimes.

We’re changing it. There’s a better one that Chris did that will replace the current one. It’ll show up in 3.1.

10 Likes

This is what makes KI amazing.

Thank you once again for chiming in with thoughts from the development side.
I actually love this idea of differentiating stage ultras somewhat (It’s my preferred way to end the fight), along with the “cratered” or whatever. Cool stuff! Can’t wait to hear the improved version.

Love you guys. Probably won’t sleep tonight with S3 tomorrow.

A very respectable response as always. I know it’s hard sometimes to just back up and say ,“Ok we slipped a little bit guys but we got this.” Respect you all the more for it :wink:

That’s a relief, the new pc preview on YouTube seems to have a new, better version as well.