Season 3 character trailers?

Do you think we will get individual character trailers for the season 3 roster?

There was a question that was posed on twitter yesterday, asking people’s opinion about which KI trailers were the best, and that got me thinking. Of course we will get the KI launch trailer giving us a run down of everything in Season 3, and a trailer for each character NOT in the initial launch (if there are any), but do you think each individual character included in the initial product will get a spotlight trailer like they did in the past?

Judging by the past, it would seem that this is inevitable, but I just wanted to get other peoples opinions.

IMO the trailers were all awesome. Honestly I loved every one! I still watch them occasionally to this day, Lol! So what do you guys think?

2 Likes

Considering they have kept the trailers in the game itself as part of each character’s page, I’m sure they’re planning on doing trailers for anyone introduced in S3, whether they’re available in March or not.

1 Like

Yeah I’d be shocked if they didn’t do a trailer for each character. IG’s been really good at spotlighting each character and while I know they mostly arrived at different times in season 2 (which goes to the fact that the question should at least be asked, so props to you for throwing it out there, OP), I still think that they’ll continue this individual focus, as it shows people what each character is capable of, and gets you hyped to use them.

One could say that the tender moments streams do this as well, but the actual trailers tend to put things on a different hype level and really give us that initial sizzle for a character. I think it’d be a rather large mistake to remove that sort of reveal / hype element.

1 Like

I’d love it if they did the indvidual character trailers like the other seasons, it’s a tradition that should be valued when it comes to KI. Plus it will keep people hyped. I DID however wish we’d get something by now. Be nice to get a trailer of Kim-Wu but so far nothing yet.

1 Like

We will get Shadow Jago’s soon. They have kinda teased it. :smile:

2 Likes

Shago’s is definitely coming in December. I expect the Season 3 trailer to be released during the KI World Cup, along with Kim Wu’s trailer. IG love surprises, and I think it’s possible they could have something else in their pocket.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, definitely so and totally agree with you on that too :smile: :sunglasses:

who teased it?! NO idea what you are talking about! huehuehue

4 Likes

Can’t tell if trolling or… :laughing:

But who cares. Trailer or not, Shadow Jago HYPE!

2 Likes

I think we’ll get a Season 3 trailer shortly before release. I’m expecting to see Wu’s trailer soon but would really like to see the debut characters and the silhouettes on the roster for Season 3 to see what’s in store for it.

1 Like

Didn’t Iron Galaxy mention that they would be releasing more then one character when Season 3 goes live? Correct me if I’m wrong of course, but if so, I wonder if that would have any effect on what kind of trailers we would get?

Yea they did say that. They said more than two I believe (since that’s how many S2 started with).

I don’t think so. S1 started with 6 characters and we still got trailers (from Sadira onward anyway) for all of them as they were finished/revealed before launch. So I suspect the same with S3 will be the case.

1 Like

@ShatterSpasm

At least 4 I believe. I’m hoping for at least 5-6 so it’ll be more than 1/2 way done but as long as Tusk is in the first 4, I’m all good.

2 Likes

I would love to see a season 3 trailer right about now!

1 Like

Soon enough, Soon enough!

1 Like

I’m hoping for season 3 trailers this December!

2 Likes

I don’t expect to see much from this point on. I would be shocked to see an actual render of anything (aside Rash) Season 3 before March. January and February could be very quiet, abysmal months for KI news.

I feel like it’d be weird to announce a whole new season without at least a month’s notice to build up hype.

1 Like

I don’t know whether we’ll get trailers until right before S3, but I have no doubt that we’ll start seeing teases, silhouettes, or at the very least textual/Tender Moments streams starting sometime in late January. Season 3 was a huge reveal for our community and the PC-only FGC, there’s no way S3 and the PC port just “come out” in March without plenty of fanfare leading up to it.

We’re in the middle of the holiday season, and we just got Shadow Jago - that should be plenty of warmup until the true appetizers start next year.

2 Likes