Scalebound main character as DLC?

But what about the fans that may want him?

1 Like

I know no fans of Scalebound and I don’t see a point in putting him in. Maybe if he made a cameo as an accessory set? sure I can see that. But as a character? Hell no. I’d rather it go to characters with an actual history of a game.

I was thinking about adding him in as a way of Xbox supporters at least having him in any type of game.

The issue what does MS see in the value if including him in a cancelled game? I think in that way is the biggest reason in involing him anything.

In my opinion I would of been really excited for the game if you could actually be the dragon, I was curious at first about Scalebound then I learned it could of been a game I would of actually liked, the dissapointment in that just simply make me forget it existed
until the news about it popped up. Though I think if it had gone the way the creator originally intended I would of been sorely dissapointed as much anyone else who was looking forward to the game.

To me personally Drake has no value as a character to be implemented in anything and I feel like from any kind of benefit nothing good can come with him because his game was cancelled. Plus I also think adding him to KI or anything would just open up wounds tat would be old by some point in time.

Hell they tried with the three guest characters and it worked. Lets not forget that Arbiter was not even a playable character in Halo 5.

Theres no point in adding in a DLC character for a game that doesn’t exist lol.

Like the new Battletoads game that was hinted by Phil Spencer?

Here’s the difference:

Arbiter was put in to advertise for Halofans because unlike Cheif he had combat abilities better suited for a fighting game, Cheif is mostly known for shooting, Arby can use a sword as one of his main go to weapons. He brought Halo fans to try the game. Even if you couldn’t play as him in Halo5 you could play as him in the other Halo titles.

Rash was a tribute to Rare and also advertised Rare Reply also found in his accessories such as the Conker hoot and bango pants and such.

RAMM was put in to bring in the Gears player but also came out in time for Gears 4.

The guests served both as advertisment and attraction for the fans of the other franchises.

What’s a guy with any fathomable game gonna do for MS? advertise a cancelled game? That’s basically one of the biggest reasons why I think putting him is like firing a blanks. Totally impotent.

Plus like I said Rash already had a gaming history. Drake has none.

1 Like

So the majority speaks. No drake for Killer Instinct? Ok.

Battle Toads already is a game that exist. Not a good point.

I’m pretty sure we’ve all gotten our points across by this point. But yeh I agree.

I am talking about a sequel to the arcade game.

The most likely scenario for him being included in KI is if he was already being worked on prior to the news of cancellation. He could either be a part of the two unannounced characters or not. He gets a fair shake like everyone else.

His accessories would already be taken care of too. Really, a back and forth between MS and Platinum Games could make Drew an easy implementation.

but he’s been cancelled so
there’s no point, or money, or any benefit in including him.

Read my first post. He could be the first truly puppet character in KI. Gargos is close to being one except he can’t fully control his minions move sets, only influence them. There is also no bow and arrow character in KI, and he was seen using one in the E3 2016 trailer.

Just because his game was cancelled doesn’t mean the potential for him being a fully fleshed out character isn’t there. It’s also not always about the money.

Ok, let’s take it this way:

-Ms cancels Scalebound
-People are upset because the wanted that action game
-Drew is developed as character for KI, so he is in a fighting game, instead an action one (which are more popular)
-People feels that they have been mocked, and sets internet in fire

The consequences of releasing Drew for KI will be BAD for MS.

Feels like trolling. Capcom recived lots of critics because they put Mega Man in SFxT
 BUT THEY PUT THE OLD ART MEGAMAN!!! It’s like laughing at people expectations

#noguestswithoutgame

That’s the problem. Why use this guy when you can no doubt find better designs to fit our bow and arrow user and our puppet user without throwing a random dude with a giant dragon in the game.

Take inspiration sure, maybe even have an accessory set inspired by him if we ever get a bow and arrow guy in KI

How would they feel mocked? Drew in KI and and Drew in Scalebound are two seperate implementations of the character. You said it yourself, ones a fighting game and the other is an action game.

As a fan of the character himself, I would be happy to see a cancelled good (subjective) design get some use.

#notaguestanymore

1 Like

Lol, just put a space before the # XD

Yes, but since Drew in Scalebound doesn’t exists, there is no separate implementation.

We will be mocked for putting a guest without franchise. A guest from a canceled game. Because EVERYONE will know that he is Drew from Scalebound.

Everyone would laugh of us XD

And BTW, Drew always felt like a “Diet Dante” to me. So
 go for Dante as guest instead, and give him Drew accesories

Also, I don’t want Dante in KI :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmm
 not everyone will mock us, I think a very vocal segment of console fanboys? They’ll get over it too.

If Drews like Dante and that means we get stinger or million stab too then I welcome that.

I think I’d rather have the character laughed at then outraged over. Laughing is good for the soul.