Samurai Shodown 2019 - GG Baiken released

I entered a 2 on 2 Team battle tournament.
Just won the first round.

Ongoing stream below embedded in the Tweet:

1 Like

Won the offline group tournament. Matches are likely archived in the link above. Gotta say that my teammate really came through for me with his Shiki. Lost my semi and final matchup but my teammate won his and the decider :smile:

3 Likes

It must be very cool to play these local tournaments. Unfortunately, I don’t have a FG scene in my city. I can only practice online. Btw, after the last patch, the online mode on Xbox is way better. I’m really happy about it.

2 Likes

Holy cow. It’s like a totally different game. I played a few rounds with my brother and while I wouldn’t describe the netcode as flawless (intermittent hitching here and there) the game moved at the approximate speed it moves during offline play.

Sadly, there is zero online community on Xbox at this point. I have been looking for a ranked match for twenty minutes…

What a darn shame that the game was basically broken at launch. I really would have loved to put more time into it.

I thought it was me. Still trying to figure out when people hop online in NA.
Got matched up with so many players from South America and Mexico constantly last night.

I joined an online group and the performance from Japan while using my US XB1 has been pretty acceptable…surprisingly so. As Andy mentioned launching in a sad state comes at a cost. Now they have to pour in even more money to win people back if they choose to do so.

Honestly, there are a lot of people playing the game (or trying to play), especially on private lobbies (I’m part of a WhatsApp group with over 40 players in my country). SNK has launched the game broken as hell. That ■■■■■■ off a lot of players. Many people who bought the game dropped it immediately or are unwilling to play online. Since the last patch, the online mode is working way better. You can finally get decent matches now. Unfortunately, this may have harmed the game’s overall view. Anyway, we can play among ourselves. I play the game everyday.

Me too. Joined a group and we play private lobbies. It’s a wasteland on ranked now.

Ggs @Cabp15. The performance was decidedly worse than playing with my brother (90 minutes away) but still more functional than any game I had before today.

Where are you?

Yeah, I wasn’t so much mad as sad. The game is very cool and I wanted to play more but there really is no way I can participate without online play. Now it’s competing with MH Iceborne, Borderlands 3 and countless other hobbies and interests and I just don’t know that I will be able to put the time into it to really get involved in the underground community. But at least they fixed it…

Ggs, man. I’m in Brazil. Even though it’s not perfect, the game’s netcode was greatly improved on the last patch. There was some minor lag in our matches, but nothing that could harm them. They ran pretty decent, in my opinion. Regarding the game, I think you should give it a shot now. The game is so much fun. I haven’t been playing KI as much because of Samsho.

2 Likes

Hopefully, this situation will change now that they improved the game’s netcode and you can finally play decent online matches.

I would say it was pretty functional given the distances. Not KI functional but at least forgivably functional. I had assumed you were in California or some distant US state.

I have bumped into a lot of noobs on ranked playing on Wi-Fi connection. It annoys me because all these laggy matches could be avoided using a lan cable. I don’t recall that happening as often in KI.

It’s way better than before but one thing that remains is that after a number of about 5 -8 casual lobby matches then you need to recreate your lobby to get rid of slowdown. It tends to build up as you remain in the same lobby…strange. This was supposedly fixed and but then sadly came back after a subsequent patch (1.11 or 1.20).

Finally did team battle with 9 others. Loads of fun, I recommend it. The system or set up is not very logical but once yet get the hang of the various battle rules you can set then the team battle itself is quite exciting.

@Cabp15 have you tried team battle? AIt’s pretty fun.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s tons of fun. I’ve been trying to get my Whatsapp friends to hop in, but they are reluctant for no apparent reason. It’s the most fun mode so for (imo).

1 Like

New costumes for Shiki and Genjuro (out next week Oct 15). Based on a card game collaboration (announced yesterday)

1 Like

That’s great news. SNK is hearing the community afterall. Only four color variations are not enough.

KAZUKI HYPE!!! :smiley:

These outfits are probably part of a new patch, unleashing Basara on October 15th.

1 Like

Gameplay reveal this Friday (Thursday for Brazil)
via Dengeki YouTube channel

3 Likes

I won’t miss it. That’s for sure. I’d like to know if the new skins are gonna land over here on the West. I heard they may be restricted to Asia region.