Samurai Shodown 2019 - GG Baiken released

Top 8

@swordman09 @xSkeletalx @Cabp15 @BigBadAndy

new DLC announced; a fifth free bonus character for season 1! Characters to be released every month in 2019. And then, afterwards four more DLC characters will come, like Mina. These four will be part of season 2ā€¦

3 Likes

@Dayv0 did you buy the game already? Or not yet decided?

Played the game for the first time at EVO. It was slower than I expected it to be, but it was fun.

On the last day, I was playing SamSho 6 with a guy on an arcade machine and I was reminded of what I was waiting for before I buy the game myself. Iā€™m also glad to see that his fire effects still look top notch in SamSho 7 as well.

EDIT: Just look at this

3 Likes

Wow, thatā€™s some crazy ā– ā– ā– ā– . Awesome!! Thatā€™s Kazuki??!! How?!!

Did you get to play him? This looks amazing!

Infil, Poongko, others. The Ukyo cosplayer is K2, who is from our local Japanese SamSho community. Happy that such strong players have taken notice of SamSho. SFV still biggest in Japan but lots of similarities in gameplay makes it easy for SF players to get into SamSho.

I wish. The only DLC character they had playable was Rimururu. I had to stick with Haohmaru while I was there.

1 Like

The season pass is fixed, in case anyone is unaware.

Great!!!

Rimururu can get away with a lot of stuff.

@xSkeletalx would you like to try later your evening to hop on and play a few rounds?

It appears that I perform better offline than online against upper tier characters. Went 6-6 today in offline league in Tokyo (online I have losing records against most upper tier characters). Again, playing Earthquake as usual against Genjuro, Charlotte and Yosh-itora. Still not enough to leave with a winning recordā€¦

I believe I saw only one Darli and one Hanzo, the rest were Haohmarus, Genjuros, Yosh-itoras and Charlottes. Surprisingly no Galfords :dog2: today

4-2 v Yosh-itora
2-2 v Charlotte
0-2 v Genjuro (despite not winning, it was extremely close, ā€œjust one more hitā€-type of close, considering that before I would have little chance, I donā€™t feel bad about these lossesā€¦)

1 Like

Sorry for the super late reply

No, Iā€™m sold about the gameā€™s value, but right now I dont have much time for a new game

Iā€™m following it, watching streams and so.

2 Likes

The best I have seen Max play. Great games.

Sorry I missed this post, I had a lot going on this weekend. Would love to run a set sometime this week, though friday is out.

No worries, how about this week your Wednesday or Thursday 7pm to 8pm EST? (need to go to work afterwards)

Iā€™ll make that work! Iā€™ll let you know later tonight whether I can do wednesday - it depends on whether my girlfriend has company over or goes to their house that night. If not, Thursday should be fine.

Sounds good to me.

Balance patch notes are out in Japan.

@Cabp15 I think Shiki is a monster now after the patch

I will be putting some highlights per character here until English patch notes are out.

Hanzo:

• decreased the timing when invincibility frames on some of his ninjutsu moves would start. He is invulnerable sooner after starting up his vanishing moves
  • his walk speed has been increased
  • his izuna drop has more range on the grab!!
  • his standing kick is now less vulnerable as hurt box has been made smaller and is less susceptible to being hit
  • his standing hard slice/strike both close and from afar do more damage on the first hit and less on the second. Also, his standing HS from afar has more reach.

Kicks have not been addressed enough imo. His trademark kicking game from previous games is still not part of his repertoire.