Samurai character for S4 hinted in SL?

Origins VII folder for Guardians says this:

another powerful guardian exists, melted in the form of a japanese katana, this sword is awaiting for the return of its legiitimate owner

Will S4 have a samurai? I think so

4 Likes

There’s already another thread about this.

I like Samurai-related stuff, and I would not complain about more characters. However, I think it’s more likely that this dossier is hinting at one of the three “Coming Soon” guardians as opposed to a playable character.

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m not gonna let myself get hype about it.

EDIT: @GalacticGeek Oh man, you’re right. I added to a dupe. Dammit.

Please please let us get a fully armored Samurai character one day!

2 Likes

So, play Spinal with his samurai retro. :wink:

Spinal is not samurai…

He is if you pick his retro with a samurai outfit and katana sword.

Yeah. But Spinal is still pirate… :confused:

1 Like

Shogun warrior perhaps? My guesses could be either Hissako’s father, one of the vandals who slayed Hissako and her village, or ancient warrior who could rival Tusk?

4 Likes

I would prefer a non armored ronin type samurai. I like my samurai fast and nimble instead of armored slow juggernaut. Probably because I grew up in the age where samurai jack and rurouni kenshin and samurai champloo were popular

3 Likes

So a Genjuro inspired fighter? I could see that.

Yes definitely. Samurai showdown is a good game to take inspiration from regarding this idea.

1 Like

Used to be part of Jason and the argonauts originally, and a movie star… for some reason. Not really sure how that would’ve worked out, but filming must’ve been interesting.

That is a pirate playing dress-up. Bushido makes the samurai, not his dress and armament.

Oh, how I wish whenever I put on a nice suit I simply became the CEO of a Fortune 500 company.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:unamused: It’s not the same!

Lol jk I never really thought about it before, I might do that to change things up a bit.

I still do think it would be cool to get a fully armored samurai with how own move set and stuff though, either in this or the next KI if we ever get one lol

1 Like

I expect a fully “normal” guy with a gostly armor and a katana floating in the hands of a spectral samurai, similar to shaman king invocations

3 Likes

If I could hug you, I’d hug you. Consider this post a hug of appreciation, in addition to the like.

I’d forgotten about Shaman King until just now. Really neat designs. Very JoJo, with less utter nonsense.

2 Likes

Hao and Faust fan here

(Raising arm) I know that show… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think the character will be a samurai.

The sword is waiting for the chosen person to wield it, a dedicated Samurai would already have a sword. Sounds to me that it’ll be more of a Kim Wu thing where some average Joe inherits super powers after finding a magical weapon.