S3 question: does character size/weight impact juggles?

See title. I know that some of you lucky ones have played early builds of s3.

For those who might know, do bigger characters like Arbiter, Aganos, etc. have the same “hang time” (for a lack of a better word) when being juggled as smaller characters like Kim or Hisako?

To my knowledge, physics don’t really play that big of a role in the game. Some characters may have floatier jumps, but that has nothing to do with size or weight (for example, Thunder and Glacius, 2 of the biggest characters in the game, have floaty jumps).

The only exception to this is Aganos with his chunks. The more chunks he has, the heavier he becomes, so he gets slower (in every sense of the word) and can’t jump as high, but his falling speed stays the same, as far as I know. Furthermore, he’s so massive that he can’t be moved when knocked down (this is a S3 update to fit the idea of the character), which means opponents will no longer be able to move him to the edge of the stage in between rounds, which could potentially give them an inherent advantage, since Aganos does so poorly in the corner without his chunks.

I think that as soon as you hit any character while they are airborn, they all fallback to a similar baseline for hitboxes and physics. There have been a few standing unique combos based on characters, but for the most part those were minor or got fixed. I don’t know of any air juggles specific to any character and if there was to be one I would think IG would fix it to offer more normalized combos. Who knows though, well just have to wait and see.

Character size effects their hurtbox, but the gravity when falling from a juggle hit is universal throughout the roster. So you may have to adjust for spacing, but never timing, on juggles.

S1 had Glacius falling slower in juggles than other characters, but that was changed for S2.

4 Likes

Confirmed by @TheKeits himself:

All characters in KI fall at 9.8 m/s^2 (or 32.2 ft/s^2), and nobody breaks the laws of physics in this game if he has anything to say about it.