Road to Killer (Updated Finale)

I am putting up my Road to Killer journey on YouTube. I am new to sharing my experience, so any feedback is appreciated. I am hoping this will encourage people to try and reach the rank themselves.

I am not the greatest player around, but hopefully it is still beneficial for showing that anything is possible. Thank you.

Part 2

Once again, any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8

Part 9

I finally make the climb through Silver, after some very embarrassing promotion matches. It took way longer than I thought it would, but enjoyable the whole time.

Part 10

Officially in gold and forgot how much I missed to be able to go best 2 out of 3. As always any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Part 11

Part 12

Part 13

Part 14

Part 15

Part 16

Part 17

Part 18

Part 19

Part 20

Finale

The journey is finally complete. As frustrating as it was, it was also a great experience that I enjoyed each time I picked up the controller.

For those of you that provided feedback, thank you. This community helps make this game as great as it can be. Hope to see everyone in ranked, #PlayKI and Thank you.

8 Likes

You need to hit Down HP every time that rash does wrecking ball and you block it. Mash down HP out of your block stun. gets him every time…dont wait until he has bounced off. You would have easily won that match against Rash if you did this.
Good luck

Thank you. I panic sometimes about the cross ups and forget I have options to stop it from happening. I have the same problem with Sadira. I appreciate the feedback.

Now if you find a way to stop Sadiras attack… let me know LOL

But with Rash I prefer to give him the space and bait him into doing the wrecking ball… then down hp canceled into a special. then get on top of him ONLY when he doesnt have meter. If he has meter he will shadow big boot you when you get on top of his wake up.

The only thing that worries me about giving that character space is getting in with the tongue. Tongue corner pressure melts my brain into just trying to DP the whole time.

Sadira though…if I figure anything out, you’ll be the first to know :slight_smile: Thank you.

As a Sadira main, I’ll NEVER TELL! Secrets… to… the… GRAVE!

Fair enough. I will continue to be patient until I crack the Sadira code or you have a change of heart. Until that day, keep the pressure going. At least it will improve my blocking skills :slight_smile: Thank you.

I’m just kidding. :smiley:

Honestly Sadira isn’t very hard to figure out. You just have to figure out her timings. The biggest mistake that I see most people make with Sadira is giving her TOO much room to breath. She has terrible defense and so keeping her pressured is generally key to victory.

Once I get in, it works out mostly okay. I still get caught by wake up shadow from time to time. I just have a habit of dp to try and get people out of the air, but kunai stuffs it everytime, which immediately halts my pressure. Thank you for the feedback.

A good Sadira will always try to bait a DP, especially if it is used frequently. Sometimes it is best to just stand your ground and block her assault, until she has an opening. Sadira is vastly easier to anti air than the likes of Rash. If you block the kunai and then counter, she will generally fall flat.

I’ll try to not put so much faith in my dp and practice a little more patience when it comes to my options. Thank you again for the feedback.