Rehasing the same moves?

then help make the game you know how much monney that stuff cost and i mean this game is not mkx but i wish mircosolf give them a some more moneey

A boot kick is a Boot kick, Aganos didn’t create boot kicks
 they are both extremely large characters thus I can imagine most llok just as bulky, im surprised you didn’t say Raam has thunder’s stomp, and Mira’s scarabs

1 Like

you can take any existing animation and put it on a different character

Just some shared animations

Gargos st.hp - Glacius st.hp

Gargos cr.mk - Raam cr.mk

Gargos st.mk - Shago f+hk

And many more.

Something i noticed too is the lack of close normals on many s3 characters. I love close normals but all recent characters lack them - to me another downgrade :frowning:

Nope. Wrong. These are not the same animations. I’m looking at Gargos and Raam in practice mode now and it is NOT the same animation. These are not even close. You can’t just say “these moves look kind of alike so it must be the same animation.” Omen has Jago and Wulf animations and it looks weird because of the skeleton. These other similar moves you are pointing to are not the same animation.

Gargos’s s.MK looks a lot like Raam’s s.HK. But if you look at them detail for detail they are clearly different.

EDIT
Just did a point by point comparison of Shago F+HK and Gargos s.MK. Also not the same.

1 Like

Shared ≠ Same

But as always you know better

It’s one thing to reuse an animation and reuse a move in general. While both are technically done here, it’s mostly about how it’s applied to the character rather than just reusing moves and animations for the sake of it.

It’s like Jago and Fulgore, or Shadow Jago, essentially having the same moves (both are shotos) and yet they play completely different.

Mira shares some normals with Maya because they’re sisters and they worked together as the Night Guard. Mira uses her HP more for juggles while Maya uses that button less since she’s constantly throwing her daggers.

RAAM having a dropkick for his j.HK is very common for grapplers or big characters in fighting games. Namely Capcom wrestlers like Zangief and Haggar.

Same thing goes for having an uppercut for a cr.HP anti air. Ryu and Ken have been doing it for years. It’s part of the fundamentals that have developed in fighting games throughout years. Rash does this too btw.

1 Like

Shared = the same when you say stuff like this:

If you take an existing animation and put it on a different character then it’s the same.

If your new claim is that you’re not complaining about recycled animations, you’re complaining about differently animated characters that share similar moves then that’s even more ridiculous.

1 Like

no its not

Gargos st.mk and Shago f+hk is based on a shared animation. For Gargos it got slowed down and resized to fit his rig.

So they share the base animation but they are not the same due to speed and size.

The same would be simply be no changes - which happened with Mira.

Gargos and Jago don’t do the same thing with their hands either. And Gargos’s leg actually moves very differently because it is shaped differently. Look at what his knee does compared to Shagos. Look how high up it goes. I actually made a video but I haven’t had a chance to edit it and slow it down yet.

Shows how bad I am I thought that Gargos had a similar kick to Omen. I forgot about Shago.

Guys this isn’t really even close to rehashing/reusing old assets. If you wanna see that done blatantly, look no further than injustice/mkx/injustice 2. I love injustice and mkx btw lol. Just cause stuff is reused doesnt necessarily mean it’s bad.

2 Likes

When you are talking about 20 or more characters that all have 2 arms and 2 legs, of course they are going to share moves.

What, did you expect to see RAAM come out using belly slams and butt-busters?

2 Likes

Being as I’ve never played GoW, and have no idea about who or what RAAM is supposed to be, I would love to have seen him full on WWF, belly drops, flying elbows, butt-busters, whole nine! That’s beside the point though.

Hooooaaah boy. Whelp, I admit i’m totally wrong and with more time playing G. RAAM I can pick out the differences. I don’t really know how to delete a thread so
 Whoops. Respect to BigBadAndy for sticking up and defending the devs :D!

3 Likes

Just because characters have similar looking moves doesn’t mean they’re exactly the same or used the same way. If knowledge serves me right, RAAM’s st.HK staggers and Aganos’ doesn’t. It’s not just about differences between moves properties, but how the characters utilize the moves.

1 Like