Red Bull ESPORTS - Will This Be the Year of Killer Instinct?

Two years after release, the stars may finally be aligning for Killer Instinct.

The new year is a time of rebirth. Januaries are full of new resolutions and lofty goals that rarely pan out; but every so often, a big change is made that changes everything. And in 2016, Killer Instinct is poised to do just that.
Killer Instinct has been around since 2013, and has seen its fair share of success. The game has seen representation at Evo in 2014 and 2015, bringing big crowds and even bigger prize pots. But outside this type of major tournament, Killer Instinct doesn’t have the same level of visibility as the Marvels and Street Fighters of the world. Even the hardest of hardcore FGC fans would be hard-pressed to name more than three or four of Killer Instinct’s top players, and Killer Instinct’s Xbox One-only roots have kept many players from experiencing the game for themselves. But all that may change soon. With new features, an expanded roster, and a PC release incoming, 2016 just might be the year of Killer Instinct.

Read the Full Article here:

http://www.redbull.com/us/en/esports/stories/1331768497612/will-this-be-the-year-of-killer-instinct

16 Likes

KI is getting recgonized? YYEEEEESSSSS

1 Like

Does this mean we get out own “presented by Red Bull” sort of stuff at tournaments? This sounds like it may have the makings of a sponsor/partnership in the future.
Best case scenario: Killer Instinct themed Red Bull cans in stores everywhere. That’d be one heck of a way to start getting the name out there properly. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Red Bull. Unleash your Killer Instinct. Buy for a 2 day double Xp in Killer Instinct. Fulgore Background.

5 Likes

Because Red bull gives you ultra combos!

7 Likes

Red Bull gives you wings. You can be Omen:)

3 Likes

Yeah I can’t name any top KI players except Rico Sauve. I also remember watching Jwong compete at either Evo 13 or 14 (I can’t remember) with Wulf. I also know Maximillian but idk if he is considered a top player or not.

That doesn’t mean much though, because idk many top SF players besides Daigo and Luffy. For Tekken I only know of Aris, and I don’t even know if he was a top player or still plays. I can name top MK players all day though :slight_smile:

I hope KI gets that shine though. It is a really awesome game and I think it deserves to be recognized up there with the other top dogs of the FGC.

3 Likes

But no one wants to be Omen 0_0

(I say as an Omen player)

Woohoo! Hooray for Killer Instinct! Congrats to KI! Overall 2016 WILL MOST DEFINITELY be the year of Killer Instinct! :wink: :smile: KI 4 LIFE! LONG LIVE KI! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Because Red Bull gives you a KILLER INSTINCT :wink: :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I have an Omen.

Glances At TJ & Jago and shrugs

One step at a time. Work is finally paying off.

1 Like

I wish I had time to get good like the Tourney pros so I could get sponsored by Red Bull. :smile:

RB | Ostrich

It would be very Ironic too, as Ostriches can’t fly, and Red Bull Gives you wings… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

It is a dream… :pensive:

6 Likes

So what’s next a Redbull promotion like Destiny had, where you get exclusive content and double XP? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I laughed so hard at this lmao.

Let’s hope this really is the year of KI!

Jago cans some cans have free character codes or even unlocks for costumes

1 Like

Maybe omen drinks redbull?

2 Likes

Very happy about this, let’s hope for the best 2016 possible for KI!

1 Like

New sponsor? WHHOOOORAAAHH!

1 Like